Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Marriaga on 8/5, Crawford-Indongo on 8/19 - ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maenyfresh View Post
    Dude, don't even try and explain... people don't want to listen to logic sometimes.

I guarantee you that If Loma fights and beats Rigo, people will say he beat an Old past prime small Rigo and will discount the win.

If he fought and beat Salido, people will say Salido was a corpse and won't give him any credit.

It's very easy to discredit the wins of a fighter that you don't like. People must not act like Loma's win over Walters is nothing.. Walters was a beast and people know that. I guess if it doesn't fit with a person's agenda than it doesn't count.

And Loma has very few fights as a pro, I don't think there is any fighter in recent history who has a record as good as Loma's in their first 9-10 fights. Thing is some people want Loma to fail and will place unfair expectations on him. Like how do you expect him to prepare against another title holder or very good opponent in such limited time?
    This mindset isn't right. He has to be prepared and doing the stuff that should be impossible, he's supposed to have people discredit his wins and find a way to silence all critics eventually, all this "how he can prepare in such short period of time" talk is nonsense, he SUPPOSED to be BETTER than expectations, even with injured hands or broken legs he has to pull it off somehow, that's what it's all about. It doesn't matter that people has lower set of standarts for other fighters, he has to be better than that

Comment

Salido probably wanted more time, 5 weeks isn't enough time to prepare for a big fight like this.

This is very disappointing though. **** Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
        Stay ducking Rigo you fraud
        Rigo is two weight classes below and he refused to move up to 126 when this fight could've been made.

Rigo's camp claimed they'd move up to 130 which is fine, but there's no way a fight like that could be made in less than a month.

But Loma be ducking doe....

Comment

Well this sucks. Salido knows damn well he gets his arse kicked and won't get away with low blows like last time.

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
            Boooooooooooo!!!!! His next fight better be a live opponent, this really sucks why wouldn't arum offer the 720k to Rigo I bet Rigo would of probably took it.
            Bob wouldn't offer Rigo **** because he left TR. He won't let Loma face Mikey Garcia either, for the same reason! Bob was very reluctant to let Manny face Floyd too! Remember the "fake contracts" that Manny thought he signed until Koncz had to apologize to Floyd in Miami, in Manny's hotel? Bob does not like seeing fighters who leave him, make money off of fighters who he currently promotes! CHILDISH!

Comment

I hate the loma fight and don't give me excuses about salido. There are much better opponents out there then sosa and Marriaga who have been calling him out like rigo. PBC failed on ESPN because the matchups sucked. I hope top rank doesn't make the same mistakes. So far out of the 3 cards they have announced there is ONLY 1 real fight of the bunch and that's crawford. Pacquiao/horn is filled from blatant showcase fights in the main event to the entire undercard. Loma fight is trash and I don't trust that any of the undercards for either loma or crawford will be competitive.

I killed PBC for what they did putting their name guys in horrible mismatches you have to call a spade a spade and kill arum for what appears to be the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by maenyfresh View Post
                I guarantee you that If Loma fights and beats Rigo, people will say he beat an Old past prime small Rigo and will discount the win.

It's very easy to discredit the wins of a fighter that you don't like.
                Does "Loma is ducking even an old past prime small Rigo" sound better to you? Because this actually is even very close to the truth.

Comment

Fighting Marriaga coming off a loss....

It's the Top Rank way.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    Dam, Marriaga fight blows but Salido turning down 720k is kinda surprising

Crawford Indongo though
                    You believe Arum is just weird.

Comment

• Haha haha haha

We dare you to come to 130 doe!

Comment

Working...
                      X