Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see Kovalev come to terms .

Comment

• Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      Well if he and Jackson aren't on the same page anymore, I guess that's the next step. Not sure if Kovalev's power will measure up to the CW bangers, but he can only try after reaching his peak at LHW. Just a shame the Stevenson and Beterbiev fights never happened. At least LHW has some good names to pick up the absence – Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, and Jack.

Slightly off-topic, but on the subject of fighters switching trainers after a loss(es), I still think Khan should've stuck with Roach instead of hiring Hunter. That was a formidable fighter/trainer pairing. The Peterson loss was largely PED-influenced, and the Garcia loss was a mix of Khan being his usual dumbass self, and underestimating him.
      In my opinion Hunter is the most overrated trainer in the sport, even more so than Roach and Roach is hugely overrated. All the guys that have gone to him have not improved under him. He got lucky with Ward. Ward is one of those rare talents that could probably win his next fight with no trainer in his corner. Kind of like floyd, if he had no trainer you would still be picking him to win.

Like all the other guys I don't think Hunter does anything for Kovalev and now that you mention him I almost think he would be better off reaching out to Roach to train him.

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        Nice to see Kovalev come to terms .
        Kovalov and Ward should be 1-1 if you keep it real.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Kovalov and Ward should be 1-1 if you keep it real.
          Nope. Because his stamina failed him. If he got the decision in the first fight he wouldn't be striving to get better.

Comment

Nope. Because his stamina failed him. If he got the decision in the first fight he wouldn't be striving to get better.
            I agree a tell of two fights. Kov. won the 1st hald. Ward the 2nd. That 10-8 should of sealed the deal.

115-112 is how most scored it. I like BOTH fighters but to say Ward won 8 rounds in the 1st fight is just bat sht CRAZY. I won't call it a robbery but I would call it biased a lil..

Comment

• Jdj was a solid boxer and technically sound, but he had few wrinkles and won bc he was the more fundamental or athletically superior fighter. He trains the same way, stick to fundamentals beat him by the book.

Ward wins and Hunter trains for a much larger set of eventualities. Ward gameplans for opponents which kov hasn't had to do up to this point. Hunter may be a good addition, but whoever he adds needs to teach him how to adjust a game plan in fight versus getting frustrated.

Comment

I agree a tell of two fights. Kov. won the 1st hald. Ward the 2nd. That 10-8 should of sealed the deal.

115-112 is how most scored it. I like BOTH fighters but to say Ward won 8 rounds in the 1st fight is just bat sht CRAZY. I won't call it a robbery but I would call it biased a lil..
                You can't rely on ringside judges to be 100% pinpoint accurate. 1-2 rounds can swing a fight.

If you don't flat out dominate and leave your fate in the hands of the 3 ringside observers you accept their opinion, go back to the drawing board and correct your mistakes

Comment

All three judges gave Ward 7 rounds, not 8.

Scoring 115-112 for Kov means giving him 7 rounds + KD.

Your complaint is that the judges differed by 2 rounds on average than your scorecard when there were some close rounds in the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOXINGADICT View Post
                    ONLY RUSSIAN ******S AND RUSSIAN ****** WANNABES THOUGHT KKKOKVALEV THE CRY BABY WAS BETTER THAN WARD! MORE POWER DOESNT MEAN BETTER!
                    JASON SHAW.... quit trolling

Comment

You can't rely on ringside judges to be 100% pinpoint accurate. 1-2 rounds can swing a fight.

If you don't flat out dominate and leave your fate in the hands of the 3 ringside observers you accept their opinion, go back to the drawing board and correct your mistakes
                      I can't argue there. But IMO Kovalov becoming a P4P top 5 pretty much by himself says it all. He has talent.

And 1 punch, 1 loss, even 2 losses doesn't make you a scrub. That why I fkn hate most boxing fans...Protect that 0 right??

Comment

Working...
                      X