No announcement yet.

What are some of your favorite moments in the Mexico-Puerto Rican rivalry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    Man, this was a sick fight. Rosario really had Ramirez in deep waters in that second round, amazing comeback in the third and spectacular ending with that finishing flurry in the 4th. Really good fight.

I also really enjoyed Sanchez vs Gomez, the atmosphere was sick. Even the entrances were entertaining.

In recent times I loved the all out slug wars between Siri and Lopez. Two defensively limited power punches throwing caution out the window and bombarding each other all night.

"Nuts and guts, folks!"
    I agree bro, I enjoy both fights. I watch Sanchez vs Gomez whenever I feel like seeing a Rican get beat up lol jk

We can only hope this weekend blood and guts will be shown and spilled

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      I get what you mean but its just like every fight though

Chavez-Camacho- Camacho on drugs
      Sanchez-Gomez- Gomez didnt train doe
      Cotto-Margarito 1- plaster wraps doe
      DLH-Trinidad- He ran doe
      Camacho and Gomez will always bring out the salt in people...I think Gomez specifically just because he's like the most loved fighter ever out of PR. Camacho, well, I can only speak for myself - but Camacho was/is my favorite fighter ever and I was just butt-hurt because I believe [and still do] that he was a better fighter who got stomped. I'll blame Rosario for the Chavez L..

As far as Margarito/Cotto - I'm not really all that worried about making excuses for Cotto; I loved that fight. It was a war and both guys went at it. I hate when beta dudes here talk about the knee, but don't respect the guys for throwing everything at each other. Why should fighters "Fight for the fans" if all they'll get in returns in disrespected. That upsets me more than the results. As far as Margarito goes...well I don't think he used wraps, but I can see why someone believes he did. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. I usually stay out of those arguments because both sides get stupid with it

Trinidad/DLH - I mean DLH did run tho. Heading into 10th...I think I had DLH up 6-3, then again, it's been like 5 years since I last watched fight. If someone had it 5-4, then Trinidad winning isn't really out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        Good fight but Vargas was born in USA. All PR-Mex rivalry lists I've seen don't include Vargas De La Hoya or Danny Garcia for this reason. They aren't from Mexico or PR

Although you're technically correct, the lists I've seen do include them. De La Hoya not so much. But Vargas definitely is. Third generation Mexican, maybe, but considers himself totally Mexican.

Comment

LMAO at a few losers talking up the championship wins of a 125-million people country over a 3.5-million people island....... when the actual tally is something like 55-47 in favor of Puerto Rico.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
            Well then lets excuse all Cotto fights too he was born in Rhode Island.
            It goes by where you were raised. Margo was born in USA but raised in Mexico. Same with Cotto. Both count for rivalry

Comment

Originally posted by Trinidad_Fan View Post
              Although you're technically correct, the lists I've seen do include them. De La Hoya not so much. But Vargas definitely is. Third generation Mexican, maybe, but considers himself totally Mexican.
              goes by where your raised. Both Vargas and Oscar are American and aren't found. Same as Danny Garcia. Guys like LaPorte and Margo were raised there but born in mainland so they are counted

Comment

Working...
              X