Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kell Brook vs Carson Jones July 7th - Confirmed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a ranked opponent but not a name opponent...

if brook wants a crack at paulie, alexander, berto or ortiz hearn had better start raising his profile in the US...there is no way brook is fighting any of the division's top names otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
      a ranked opponent but not a name opponent...

if brook wants a crack at paulie, alexander, berto or ortiz hearn had better start raising his profile in the US...there is no way brook is fighting any of the division's top names otherwise
      Its a viscous circle though. How does he raise his profile in the US without fighting one of those guys?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Nothing's signed but it seems likely.
        Alexander would stop paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
          I'm going to put some money on a Jones stoppage.
          He's stopped 7 in his last 8 and Kel's chin has never been tested.....you could be on to something.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
            He's stopped 7 in his last 8 and Kel's chin has never been tested.....you could be on to something.
            Kell is also a sucker for the right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              He fought in the US on the Froch-Ward card.

I dont think he has any issue fighting in America but they had a date set for Sheffield in July. I think they're trying to build a fanbase here first (which he didn't really have before). Then hopefully get a big name to come here where it'll get US TV exposure, then come to the US off the back of that.

Its easy to say "come to the US" but harder to find someone to fight.
              Sorry but I don't think any US big name will go to the UK to fight him. Maybe Malignnagi the road warrior but anyone else? Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Sorry but I don't think any US big name will go to the UK to fight him. Maybe Malignnagi the road warrior but anyone else? Probably not.
                Why wouldn't they? Then that means they wouldn't fight him in the US either. So what can he do? Its easy to say something but to actually do it....

Comment

If Brook beats Jones he'll be after Malignaggi in America.

No point bringing Malignaggi over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
                    If Brook beats Jones he'll be after Malignaggi in America.

No point bringing Malignaggi over here.
                    Brook sells more tickets here than Paulie sells there. It would make sense for Paulie to come here. Devon had an excuse cos he sells just as well in St Lou but Brook would be dumb to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Brook sells more tickets here than Paulie sells there. It would make sense for Paulie to come here.
                      Well, if he wants to start fighting in the US, eventually he's gonna have to take a hit on ticket sales and come here won't he?

Comment

Working...
                      X