No announcement yet.

Wilder Fury PPV vs Spence Garcia PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder Fury PPV vs Spence Garcia PPV

So wilder fury did 300k+ ppv buys with there being over 10 million illegal streams. My question is how many ppv buys do you think spence vs garcia will do?

When we break it down, is spence garcia really ppv worthy? Spence is not really that big of a star here in america. Sure his popularity is continuing to grow but there are sooo many people here who have no idea who either fighter is.

Do you guys think having spence garcia on ppv is a big mistake? Shouldnt this fight be on free tv now that pbc is with fox which reaches countless homes throughout america?

I dont know which is why i am asking all of you.. i would think it would help both fighters star power if they put this fight on free tv. I cant see this fight doing better numbers than fury wilder. I think it would be more beneficial to grow their star power so that either fighter can have the potential of being a huge ppv star in the future.

I was hoping that the ppv model would be dead but i guess that isnt happening.

Thoughts?

I dont anticipate Mikey and Soence doing better than Wilder-Fury.

There’s a legitimate proven big time star in AJ at HW and Wilder was supposed to fight him so he’s got a built in reason to watch and he’s a big punching American HW champ facing off against the last true king to the division.

Spence-Mikey is two big names but not sure. At absolute best 400k. Likely 250-300 ish? Wouldnt be shocked to see less.

But I find this one hard to gauge. No one really wants this fight as either guy could be fighting a p4p guy in their own division.

I dunno. I really dont.

Comment

No, I don't think that fight does 325k-350k buys. But there guarantees won't be as high as Fury's and Wilder's either. Disregard the reported commission purse, as both were set to make 8 figures.

For this fight, I compare it to the Ward/Kovalev PPVs. Those did what around 160-170k? They should target anywhere from 175k-225k.

Comment

Screw it, i say this fight does 400k purchases.
        Last edited by Mr.365; 12-07-2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Idk what it'll do but one thing I do know is this - PPV isn't as dead as everyone swore and was making it out to be.

The reason is this - PPV is mean't for the casual fan. The real boxing fans are going to watch anyway, the casual fans will make or break the PPV numbers from there on forward.

As long as two big names (big enough to make it to the casual fan) and they are undefeated champions (appealing to the casuals) the fight can and will be sold, it will also be a success. Its a tried and tested method for years and years, regardless of illegal streams. It works.

Having it on FOX and with it being advertised during these big football games can't possibly hurt the numbers either.
          Last edited by lolpz; 12-07-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Less than 200K...........

Comment

Probably 500k buys. Mikey is probablya bigger star than Wilder due to his Nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                I dont anticipate Mikey and Soence doing better than Wilder-Fury.

There’s a legitimate proven big time star in AJ at HW and Wilder was supposed to fight him so he’s got a built in reason to watch and he’s a big punching American HW champ facing off against the last true king to the division.

Spence-Mikey is two big names but not sure. At absolute best 400k. Likely 250-300 ish? Wouldnt be shocked to see less.

But I find this one hard to gauge. No one really wants this fight as either guy could be fighting a p4p guy in their own division.

I dunno. I really dont.
                i agree with everything u said! thats why i made this thread so everyone can weigh in on what they think.

Comment

Will be interesting to see FOX Presentation and how they promote their PPV, I think the fight will do very well with Fox backing it because they will actually USE their Major Network as well as Fox Sports to promote it. They're already starting to promote it during NFL Coverage and the fight is not until March...

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Will be interesting to see FOX Presentation and how they promote their PPV, I think the fight will do very well with Fox backing it because they will actually USE their Major Network as well as Fox Sports to promote it. They're already starting to promote it during NFL Coverage and the fight is not until March...

yup they certainly are starting to promote it. These ppv numbers that spence garcia does is very interesting to me now that they have foxs backing.

Comment

Working...
                    X