Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Dubois: Future HW champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With someone as young as Dubois I don't have a problem with Frank Warren bringing him along slowly, he does look talented and obviously his opposition will get better.

Personally I'd like him to wait up to two years before fighting Gorman, let them both progress a bit first, become more well known and you've got a big British heavyweight fight.

I'm sure most here have heard stories about his sparring sessions but don't forget he apparently quit a sparring session against Bakole, sparring is sparring anyway and different from a fight.

Joe Joyce on the other hand is the wrong side of 30 and needs David Haye put some good money up to get him a big fight and he needs it asap really.

There's a good new crop of British heavyweights coming through which is good, when the heavyweights are thriving its always good for boxing in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Not sure I’d describe Johnson as gatekeeper, but he’s an excellent opponent for Dubois at this stage. Coming off a TKO win over Pianeta, and decision losses to Pulev and Andy Ruiz jnr. He’ll do everything better than all Dubois’ opponents so far
      Yeah, fair enough... I wondered myself about calling KJ a ‘gatekeeper’ but anyway, my point was about him being a step up - which you seem to agree with. Hope some of these guys will fight each other, and more than just two
      Fights a year as well

Comment

That’s fine mate no issues with you saying that. Dubois looks great, but I personally need to see a bit more before I jump two feet in
        Cool. So you’ll erm, label him good when he, well, shows that he’s good?

I’m saying it NOW.

This kid will be a world champion

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
          Cool. So you’ll erm, label him good when he, well, shows that he’s good?

I’m saying it NOW.

This kid will be a world champion
          There’s a difference between what you are saying I am saying and what I am actually saying.

You can’t possibly predict how good he is based on his fights so far, unless you’ve been watching him sparring and been around his training camps. There just isn’t enough information.

Basically you are guessing, but coming across like you are 100% sure. As he moves through a few levels you’ll see some aspects of his game tested and you can be more sure that when he gets to the top he will be ready. Guys like Tom Little are not providing that test.

Martin Bakole and Nathan Gorman have beaten better fighters, arguably more impressively so far, are all three of these guys going to make t to word title levels? Extremely unlikely and impossible to predict
          Last edited by Tom Cruise; 09-04-2018, 04:37 AM.

Comment

I saw Gorman at a show in Blackpool a little while back and was underwhelmed honestly. I think Dubois would beat him without too much issue right now. They should look at making that fight soonish imo.

Comment

There’s a difference between what you are saying I am saying and what I am actually saying.

You can’t possibly predict how good he is based on his fights so far, unless you’ve been watching him sparring and been around his training camps. There just isn’t enough information.

Basically you are guessing, but coming across like you are 100% sure. As he moves through a few levels you’ll see some aspects of his game tested and you can be more sure that when he gets to the top he will be ready. Guys like Tom Little are not providing that test.

Martin Bakole and Nathan Gorman have beaten better fighters, arguably more impressively so far, are all three of these guys going to make t to word title levels? Extremely unlikely and impossible to predict
              Fair enough.

Comment

Great power but he's got an awful lot to prove still. We don't know what's gonna happen yet when someone hits back.

Comment

I don't think he will be a champion, the competition from the olympians will be too though

Comment

Working...
                  X