Netflix "Ozark" [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix "Ozark" [TV] Master Thread

Here is the synopsis from Netflix

A financial adviser drags his family from Chicago to the Missouri Ozarks, where he must launder $500 million in five years to appease a drug boss.

Just got into this show and, like the reviews, there's a lot of comparisons to Breaking Bad.

Without giving any spoilers, it has the same blueprint as Breaking Bad - a seemingly normal guy gets himself into a criminal enterprise. I've watched 4 eps and I'm hooked. Good acting, good characters with well written stories and plot lines.

Seen some nondescript trailer for this awhile back. Didn't realize Bateman was in it or what exactly it was even about the trailer was so detail unfriendly, but checking out the first episode of this now.

Comment

I've been thinking about watching it but I read it doesn't have the humor of BB which is kind of a let down. Then again, I guess I should watch it for myself and decide how funny or not funny it is. Going to check it out.

Comment

Yesterday, Finished the entire season in a day hahahhaa. It's good writing overall but my main complaint is it's too protagonist heavy when it comes to story development. A lot of people compare it to Breaking Bad. What made BB so good for me is that each villain's story was developed and they're not just stereotypical tough guy villain. I hope in season 2 we see a more cynical and cunning villain.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          I've been thinking about watching it but I read it doesn't have the humor of BB which is kind of a let down. Then again, I guess I should watch it for myself and decide how funny or not funny it is. Going to check it out.
          It's a bit darker than Breaking Bad. But on the other hand it doesn't have any filler episodes like Breaking Bad

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
            It's a bit darker than Breaking Bad. But on the other hand it doesn't have any filler episodes like Breaking Bad
            Haha. There were no filler episodes on BB. You must mean a lesser show.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
              Haha. There were no filler episodes on BB. You must mean a lesser show.
              The fly? Marie's shoplifting, .... More like filler scene than an entire episode.

Comment

Finished episode 1. Definitely gonna give this show a chance based on the strength of that 1st one.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                  The fly? Marie's shoplifting, .... More like filler scene than an entire episode.
                  I'll bend on filler scenes to a point but whole episodes, no. Fly was a very unique episode. I think it showed a side of Walt rarely seen in the series and at that point, they really needed a Walt/Jesse episode where it's primarily about them. They hadn't had one of those in a while at that point. It gets a lot of flack from people but I liked it a lot. Walt chasing the fly was hilarious.

And Marie's shoplifting showed how Hank's assholishness got to her as it would anybody. he's a real pr1ck sometimes. Well, hell, a lot of the time really. And it is called Breaking Bad. Walt wasn't the only one breaking bad. They all did. Jesse by getting himself into a much deeper game when he was just a tweeker who didn't take anything seriously at the beginning. Hank going off the record and conducting his own investigations. Gus taking on Walt even though his instincts told him not to. Skyler smoking and then joining up with Walt eventually. Every one on there went outside their norm which is what made it great.

Sorry if I ramble on but I think it's the best show I've seen. I tend to stick up for it. Ha.

Comment

Pretty intense episode 1. Looks good. Props to Bateman for producing, directing and starring.

Has the potential to be a classic. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                    X