Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roberto Duran the greatest combination of offense and defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duran defense while on the offense was a thing of beauty. Always in the right position to not to get hit. Also he rolled with the punches.

Early JCC was like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Duran's defense is SORELY underrated just because he didn't mind mixing it up but I have to give RJJ the greatest amalgamation of offense and defense. God gifted reflexes, speed of hand and foot, power in each hand AND high ring IQ. GOAT skills wise.
      Greatest of all time in terms of athleticism maybe, but it seems like you have your mind made up. I won't argue with you about your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        Duran defense while on the offense was a thing of beauty. Always in the right position to not to get hit. Also he rolled with the punches.

Early JCC was like that.

chavez had fewer dimensions than duran, but he's certainly one of the craftier fighters to ever move forward chiefly.

i call it being responsible
        they were responsible with their offense.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Early JCC was like that.
          JCC was awesome no doubt but his plan was to smother you, pin you against the ropes and break you down little by little with a body-head attack. He couldnt lay you out with a single shot like Duran did against Lampkin, Wheatley, Huertas and Ortiz

Comment

Definitely one of the most successful of all time at blending the two seamlessly into his style. It seems effortless when he transitions from slipping a punch to countering or attacking the body.

Comment

Perhaps,though I'd rather watch somebody like Qawi was also excellent at blending offense and defense.Did so alot more fluidly than Duran too,in my view.

I've never found Duran to be an exciting fighter to watch at his peak.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonf96 View Post
                I've never really seen anyone as explosive yet so difficult to hit cleanly as Duran? Do you agree? Why or why not? Who do you think was better in this respect?
                I think his first fight with Leonard was equally as impressive as Chavez and Camacho at their best.

Comment

Working...
                X