No announcement yet.

Hagler vs. middleweights of 90's and 00's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagler vs. middleweights of 90's and 00's

you guys think there is anyone from the past twenty years that could have beaten Hagler straight up? i would say possibly Hopkins but even then I dont know. Could you imagine a prime Hagler vs Abraham? Holy ****!!!

Originally posted by Bigdaddy_Vh View Post
    you guys think there is anyone from the past twenty years that could have beaten Hagler straight up? i would say possibly Hopkins but even then I dont know. Could you imagine a prime Hagler vs Abraham? Holy ****!!!
    lots of good middleweights during this time period.

Prime Toney and Hopkins are the 2 best options. however, Jones, regardless of resume, was damn near unbeatable in his prime. You needed some serious speed to catch him.

Comment

Julius Jackson would KO him in 3rd

Comment

Herol Graham would have made Hagler look bad until he was caught!

Comment

IMO Marvin Hagler would beat all the middleweights from 2000-2010 but i cannot see him beat James Toney or Roy Jones Jr. they would be just to much for him, both are physically bigger men than Hagler and both far more skilled than Hagler.. "Could you imagine Hagler beating John Ruiz, Hasim Rahman or Sam Peter"... other than those 2 great fighters Hagler may well struggle with McClellan, Herol Graham, McCallum, Nunn, Kalambay & Hopkins.

Comment

Roy Jones would probably beat him, though RJ was raw at middleweight so I'm not counting Hagler out at all. I think he beats Hopkins and Toney just off his refusal to lose, especially against Toney who you could never count on as far as being on top of his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy_Vh View Post
              Marvin Hagler Vs Bernard Hopkins....a true battle of mens......

Comment

I think Hagler would knock Roy out at 160.

Best guys to beat Hagler would be b-hop and JT.

Comment

I tend to think that Hagler would have fought at 154 rather than at 160 in the era of weigh-in the day before. So he would have been at a size disadvantage against all of those names. Toney, Hopkins, Jones, Nunn, Kalambay, Benn, Eubank... Hagler is my second fav fighter all time after Charles, but I have to say that even though he could beat most of these people, he could also easily lose to some of them on some nights.

Jones was relatively inexperienced at 160, but his style would have been a nightmare for Hagler. Eubank would have also been quite a handful, as he was big strong and unorthodox...
                  Hopkins and Toney are great, but I see them providing less problems for Hagler in terms of style. Hagler should be able to beat all the others.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                    I tend to think that Hagler would have fought at 154 rather than at 160 in the era of weigh-in the day before. So he would have been at a size disadvantage against all of those names. Toney, Hopkins, Jones, Nunn, Kalambay, Benn, Eubank... Hagler is my second fav fighter all time after Charles, but I have to say that even though he could beat most of these people, he could also easily lose to some of them on some nights.

Jones was relatively inexperienced at 160, but his style would have been a nightmare for Hagler. Eubank would have also been quite a handful, as he was big strong and unorthodox...
                    Hopkins and Toney are great, but I see them providing less problems for Hagler in terms of style. Hagler should be able to beat all the others.
                    You don't post much here any more Mute. We seriously need more voices of sanity like yours: The trolls are taking over!

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X