Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charlos miss VADA tests. But no BoxingScene articles about that?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    Here is a new article by you guessed it. Thomas Hauser. He discusses the Charlo situation in it, as well as some more eye opening stuff.

http://tss.ib.tv/boxing/featured-art...ic-commissions

I was going to create a thread on it but anything I post gets ignored anyway LOL
    I'm glad that Thomas Hauser didn't see this is "a non-story" and did some work to investigate further.

Of course the question arises as to why he only goes in-depth when the story damages certain boxing power players and not others. But I'll leave that for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Come on BPP. Missing a test might not be the same as failing a test but it's pretty close. And BOTH Charlos did it is which is an interesting coincidence.

It was a big enough story for Sulaiman to comment on the controversy to clarify the rules of the Clean Boxing Program. BoxingScene should have covered it in at least one article.
      It's not pretty close. They were NOT some tests they no-showed. They couldn't find either boxer to test them, via random means.

Plenty of fighters miss tests, that the WBC never mention. Usually they don't miss them because they are ducking tests. When people are out of competition, they travel, they have lives and sometimes those things clash. They have to keep VADA up to date on where they are at all times to avoid these issues, but people sometimes forget.
      Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-15-2018, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I'm glad that Thomas Hauser didn't see this is "a non-story" and did some work to investigate further.

Of course the question arises as to why he only goes in-depth when the story damages certain boxing power players and not others. But I'll leave that for another thread.
        Hauser is an HBO employee and also WORKS for VADA as an adviser, hardly someone I would trust - even if he might be fully accurate on what he's stating.

Even Ring stopped publishing these stories from him, because he has agendas based on his association with VADA and their owner Margarete Goodman - a lifelong friend of his.

Hauser loves money. He was ripping HBO to hell for years. When HBO hired him, articles obviously stopped.

Comment

That isn't a good look for Erroll. When Conte is suspicious that means that they are on Peds imo.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            It's not pretty close. They was NOT some test they no-showed. They couldn't find either boxer to test them, via random means.

Plenty of fighters miss tests, that the WBC never mention. Usually they don't miss them because they are ducking tests. When people are out of competition, they travel, they have lives and sometimes those things clash. They have to keep VADA up to date on where they are at all times to avoid these issues, but people sometimes forget.
            Thomas Hauser thought enough of the story to go into deeper detail in a Hauser Report. The least you guys could have done is cover it with a short news article.

And yeah, I get that Hauser has his own agenda. I don't trust him to be objective.

But I do trust you guys and I hope you remain so. That's why I'm disappointed by this.
            Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-15-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Victor Conte did an interview explaining how fighters purposely miss tests to circumvent the system... It's a loophole fighters have learned to exploit because lack of punishment/consequences

Victor makes suggestions to change the miss test protocol

Comment

I read about them missing the tests on boxingscene lmao

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  It's not pretty close. They was NOT some test they no-showed. They couldn't find either boxer to test them, via random means.

I have a hard time believing fighters notify VADA where they go 24/7 365. It's just that barely get tested so it doesn't often matter. And when they do get tested, it is usually during camp or close to it.

But I don't know why it was just the Charlos that triggered people here. Over 20 missed tests this year, and four other during the same testing period. SSR missed his test a few months ago and not a peep.

Comment

OOOOOh I just realized that Monroe is a Snac System fighter isn't he? What will Victor Conte say about this? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      OOOOOh I just realized that Monroe is a Snac System fighter isn't he? What will Victor Conte say about this? LOL
                      Now we know Victor doesn't provide preferential treatment on how to beat tests

Comment

Working...
                      X