Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Lomachenko-Davis, Wilder-Fury, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about Lomachenko beating Marquez.

Prime JMM did everything better than an old Salido. Just sayin'.

Comment

I checked out Alexander Besputin. 5'7 68 inch arms. He has the look of someone who could beat Crawford or Spence until you realize he's much smaller than them. One thing these eastern euros still havent figured out that the Americans have is that you don't turn pro anywhere near the weight class you boxed in the amateurs. If this guy was an American star with an American team, they would have him lean out and get him down to 135 where absolutely, he would be the goods. But at 147 with those arms he's really going to need to be the welterweight Loma, and he does not look to quite have that athleticism or skill that Loma has, even though his style is in many ways a carbon copy.

Comment

There is so much wrong with this mailbag. False equivalencies galore. Breadman has turned into one of the most biased boxing writers in the sport. Wilder was 10 extra seconds to recover to start a round, which is against the rules and a blatant way to protect the cash cow. Normally they check them in between rounds but they did this on purpose to help Wilder, just like they cooked the cards in both the Fury and Ortiz fights. Fury on the other hand was given the standard "walk sideways" thing after the big knockdown in the 12th WHICH IS THE NEW RULE.

So for Wilder, a rule was broken to protect him. For Fury, the rules were followed to the letter of the law. Yet, Breadman equates these two things. No wonder he falls for all the CNN bull**** about (most) these police shooting stories: the same logical fallacy, and bias, is at the heart of falling for that as it is about Breadman's false equivalencies with boxing.

GGG looked like GGG against Vanes in between dot dot dot
        Yeah, exactly. Old GGG can still look like prime GGG for 2 rounds... against 154 pounders. Prime GGG could look like that for 12 rounds or less, vs 160 pounders. But Breadman leaves this out, as he leaves out the truth about certain key aspects of the careers of all his favored American/Mexican trio, Floyd, Canelo, and Ward, which incidentally are his leading candidates for fighter of the decade.

Isn't it just a real big coincidence that these American boxing writers are pushing their three most protected sons as the fighters of the decade, all three from America or Mexico. Almost as if they planned it that way all along. Wait for Pacquiao to decline, then let Floyd use illegal IVs, deny Pacquiao shoulder medication, and we can ensure Floyd wins. Wait for GGG to decline, put the fight in Vegas, and we can make sure Canelo wins. And Ward's only top "win" on paper, Kovalev, I've been over many times. To quote an old favorite show from my childhood, they sure do love it, and love to brag about it, "when a plan comes together."
        Last edited by Boxing Logic; 12-15-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury, Freddie Roach being critical of Ben Davison, weight cutting, Lomachenko vs. Tank Davis, Teofimo Lopez and more.
          [Click Here To Read More]

great breadbag this week !

yep..... the key to determining greatness, is understanding the climate in that particular division, in that particular era, at that particular point in time.....

..... that takes a lot of research, and a lot of commitment..... even for older guys who may have been around and seen some of those fights

understanding the opponents is the key

Cliff Rold is excellent

bread dropping a TON of knowledge in this article

my favourite quote LMAO.....

Canelo will light Fielding up like a Christmas tree.

Comment

Screw Breadman, man. He talks about himself like he's this race-neutral sage, going against the grain on fighters like GGG because of his enlightened understanding of their under-appreciated skills, and decrying the fact he was ducked until he was past his prime, only to turn around and constantly praise and overhype the #1 worst offender who did that to GGG, Canelo, and then contradict himself even further with snide comments like "GGG looked like GGG against Vanes..." that insinuate GGG might not have been past his prime at all like Breadman originally said when Canelo waited him out, while failing to inform his readers that might not know better that that is because Vanes was a 154 pounder who had been extremely inactive and the fight only went 2 rounds, which was still long enough for that inactive 154 pounder to stagger GGG with a jab (does that sound like prime GGG to anyone?).

You're a real piece of work, Breadman. Take yourself down off the cross why don't ya. You're no better than the "idiots" who write into your mailbag, you just hide it better, whether from yourself or others that's for you to debate with yourself.

Oh, but on the positive side, congrats on at least going one mailbag without waxing poetic about how Deontay Wilder doesn't use PEDs, even though a trainer as experienced as yourself knows that's... uh.... not necessarily, guaranteed, the case. I know that took a lot of restraint from you. Or is it something else? What, did the check bounce this week? Haha Im just a joking. Piece of work, I tell you. Piece of work.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
              That fight ended on an obvious low blow. At least obvious to the cameras. The ref counted Buchanan out. Lol....I never understood why the sanctioning body didn't demand an immediate rematch. Buchanan was the champ.

one of those fights where the fans were robbed of a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                I think Lomachenko beats Marquez. and Hopkins beats Golovkin

I'm a huge fan of Pryor and Whitaker. Pryor #1 and Whitaker #2. I don't know who would win that one.

that would be a great fight..... I learned not to bet against Marquez a long time ago, but yea hard to call that one

same with Pryor/Whittaker

I favour Hopkins over Golovkin but that is another great fight

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  I don't know about Lomachenko beating Marquez.

Prime JMM did everything better than an old Salido. Just sayin'.

yep

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    There is so much wrong with this mailbag. False equivalencies galore. Breadman has turned into one of the most biased boxing writers in the sport. Wilder was 10 extra seconds to recover to start a round, which is against the rules and a blatant way to protect the cash cow. Normally they check them in between rounds but they did this on purpose to help Wilder, just like they cooked the cards in both the Fury and Ortiz fights. Fury on the other hand was given the standard "walk sideways" thing after the big knockdown in the 12th WHICH IS THE NEW RULE.

So for Wilder, a rule was broken to protect him. For Fury, the rules were followed to the letter of the law. Yet, Breadman equates these two things. No wonder he falls for all the CNN bull**** about (most) these police shooting stories: the same logical fallacy, and bias, is at the heart of falling for that as it is about Breadman's false equivalencies with boxing.

Yeah, exactly. Old GGG can still look like prime GGG for 2 rounds... against 154 pounders. Prime GGG could look like that for 12 rounds or less, vs 160 pounders. But Breadman leaves this out, as he leaves out the truth about certain key aspects of the careers of all his favored American/Mexican trio, Floyd, Canelo, and Ward, which incidentally are his leading candidates for fighter of the decade.

Isn't it just a real big coincidence that these American boxing writers are pushing their three most protected sons as the fighters of the decade, all three from America or Mexico. Almost as if they planned it that way all along. Wait for Pacquiao to decline, then let Floyd use illegal IVs, deny Pacquiao shoulder medication, and we can ensure Floyd wins. Wait for GGG to decline, put the fight in Vegas, and we can make sure Canelo wins. And Ward's only top "win" on paper, Kovalev, I've been over many times. To quote an old favorite show from my childhood, they sure do love it, and love to brag about it, "when a plan comes together."

wow, that was good ol cry

stop getting a broken ass when your guys lose

Wilder, Golovkin, Kovalev, Pacquiao..... all got beaten fairly

I dare you to mail that post to bread and stick your name on it

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      that would be a great fight..... I learned not to bet against Marquez a long time ago, but yea hard to call that one

same with Pryor/Whittaker

I favour Hopkins over Golovkin but that is another great fight
                      It wouldn't be easy. I just think Lomachenko's speed and footwork would give him the edge.

Lomachenko was woefully unprepared for Salido's tactics . Then again it was his second fight so it's understandable.

Comment

Working...
                      X