Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oscar De La Hoya Reacts To HBO's Decision To Leave Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De La Hoya really helped carry HBO, along with Roy and Lennox Lewis. Obviously before Mayweather and Pac became big stars.

I don't think De La Hoya even fought outside of HBO since the mid 90s until he retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Is this a fact or speculation? Whats the source?

I was wondering if Fight Game would stay on the air earlier & no one answered or seemed to know.

But yea I could see Lampley doing some of these random boxing or sports docs HBO is doing or maybe doing some sh^t for Real Sports or something. Of the entire announcing crew Jim is the HBO poster boy.
      Its fact... he said it...that he was still gonna be with hbo doing idk what probably boxing documentaries...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hustla View Post
        You think he wrote that ****?

Boy had his publicist type that **** out homie.

He be mad Canelo's gonna have to go on Showtime or PBC!
        Oscar is not Floyd, he can actually pen a decent letter. Stop hating "homie" people like you are pathetic.

Comment

Why none of the PBC fighters in 160 will fight Canelo.

Comment

I was wondering if Fight Game would stay on the air earlier & no one answered or seemed to know.

But yea I could see Lampley doing some of these random boxing or sports docs HBO is doing or maybe doing some sh^t for Real Sports or something. Of the entire announcing crew Jim is the HBO poster boy.
            Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            What's he going to do? And if HBO boxing goes, Jim Lampley will most likely surely follow.
            As reported by The New York Times. Pretty good article, but it doesn’t say what Lampley’s future role as a television personality will be.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/27/s...bo-boxing.html

Comment

Stfu

Hating ass muthafuycker

Comment

Yeah yeah - if HBO were so committed then this would just be another 'valley' as ODLH said.

But that contradicts what he says about HBO leaving boxing in the best shape it's been for a long time.

Ok, the numbers don't lie, but for mine, HBO's programming has always been top-notch, even if the commentary wasn't always objective.

Quite a lot of niche content that has been a part of the fans diet of boxing news, discussion and fights have been due to HBO.

'Boxing after dark', The fight game with Jim Lampley etc is the end of an era.

I'm not someone who's sold on the idea that the future is streaming services. Some of us are creatures of habit and like to stick to what's familiar. Now that's gone. What a shame. Showtime must be having their office party about now.

They have a lot of contracts signed and sealed anyway, so it just means more room for them. Bastards don't allow their content to accessed freely via youtube after the event which is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                  Oscar is not Floyd, he can actually pen a decent letter. Stop hating "homie" people like you are pathetic.
                  You're right mf...Floyd is not a coke snorting fishnet wearing transgender. You hatin a$$ *****boys cant seem to keep Floyd's name out of your mouths. ***** n*ggas 😂

Comment

https://deadspin.com/hbo-is-getting-...ars-1829366475

"The only person expected to be retained is play-by-play man Jim Lampley."

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/hbo-dr...ry?id=58128722

"My 30-year love affair with HBO continues, and I am motivated and prepared to support storytelling initiatives in the sports department," Lampley said.

Comment

Te UFC has totally surpassed boxing, and with Al Haymon's tune up fight PBC series - we hardly ever get fights that people actually care about. Plus the Feminists who run HBO now believe that combat sports represent "Toxic Masculinity."

Comment

Working...
                      X