Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: I Told Ward He Could Put a Glass Eye To Sleep!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    Bute, lmao! Leave Bute out of this. He has his own Canadian crowd who comes to see him. Stop telling incomplete truths. You heard what Ward said after the fight. You don't have to mince Ward's words.

As far as trainer talk, trainers talk. I only care about what the boxers themselves say.

Did Froch bring fans to the Ward fight like Hatton did to Floyd's? No? Why not?
    Surely that happens at every fight? Each fighter has a support base.

Also, the Super 6 final was rescheduled, remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      I guess Froch is on PPV in England but I pretty sure he will never be on here in the USA. By the way wasn't Haye-Harrison a PPV event in England? It looks like you guys will pay to watch any fight, even if its an absolute turd.
      Wasn't B-Hop-Dawson I on PPV? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        its offfical!!!...Ward is Froch's daddy!!....Froch can't beat Ward...EVERYBODY knows it!!....only a clown would think that a venue would make the difference in fight between those 2...their skills are too far apart for a venue to matter....get real!!...Ward sonned Froch with one ****ing hand....Froch don't want it so I expect him to say stupid **** like this...smh
        That's right. Styles make fights.

BUT, remember, 1 punch can change a fight.

Comment

• Ward is a nice guy, but he has a very 'vanilla' personality and no aura.

His fights with Green, Bika etc were horrible, his messy fight with Kessler was inconclusive after he smashed both Mikkel's brows open with his billy-goat approach.

The stoppage of Chad Dawson is also a massive red herring - because he knew Chad was absolutely dead at the weight.

As others have said, a Froch fight is an absolute MUST watch event, whereas Ward is someone I won't lose any sleep over if I miss.

An exciting Froch fight is the norm, an exciting Ward fight is not the norm.

I like Andre, but as a spectacle he just lacks the X factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Cincy was taylor
            Denmark was kessler
            Atlantic city was super six final and more ward than froch.

He has has the luxury of fighting popular fighters which in turn made him popular, that and winning. Before taylor i had no idea who he was and didnt give him a shot at the super six but he surprised. He can draw big at home though
            It takes two to tango my friend.

No one sells out an arena if they were fighting alone.
            Before Taylor, Froch was the WBC SMW champion. If you don't know who he was back then, then that's your problem. But don't tell me he's not a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
              I guess Froch is on PPV in England but I pretty sure he will never be on here in the USA. By the way wasn't Haye-Harrison a PPV event in England? It looks like you guys will pay to watch any fight, even if its an absolute turd.
              Lol. How many times are HBO doing PPV without having any American fighter involved?

Marquez-Pacman? Who else?

Everything doesn't break down to whether or not you're on PPV in america. He makes more money than Andre Ward. If Ward was so damn exciting, he would make more than Froch.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Lol. How many times are HBO doing PPV without having any American fighter involved?

Everything doesn't break down to whether or not you're on PPV in america. He makes more money than Andre Ward. If Ward was so damn exciting, he would make more than Froch.
                I was equally excited during Ward-Dawson as I was for Froch-Kessler 2.

And I was actually rooting for Dawson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  I was equally excited during Ward-Dawson as I was for Froch-Kessler 2.

And I was actually rooting for Dawson
                  As I can see, you live in the states. Fair enough.

But if the general public was as excited for that fight, as the general public was for Froch-Kessler. Then that fight would have been on PPV. But it wasn't, because outside of hardcore fans, nobody cares about Ward.

Comment

• I terms of styles, I really don't see why people compare Ward and Mayweather.

Mayweather and Rigondeaux I can understand, pure boxers who like to be on the outside, love the straight down the pipe and counter punching. Ward doesn't fight anything like them, he's a very good fighter, but he is much more up close, clinching, holding and hitting style...it'd effective, but dull.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

You were the one that first mentioned the importance of being on PPV and I only asked a question. This is fact, one of Froch's biggest fights might have been on PPV in England but it was shown on Epix in the USA. So, what does that mean? That means the Bute fight wasn't even big enough to be shown on either HBO or Showtime in the states. So, it was relegated to the same network as fights such as the classic Povetkin-Rahman turd. My question is how many casual boxing fans do you think tuned into Epix to watch that fight? And it was free. What I believe is that you Brits are way overestimating how popular you believe Froch to be in the USA. As I said earlier I have a few casual boxing fans in my family and non of them had any interest in watching the fight with me this past weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X