No announcement yet.

I want to ask the experts of the History Section a very important Question:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    I had the British commentary. I didn't think it was a close fight, just a beautiful display by Mayweather against a very good Cotto.
    the british commentary was a disgrace. they made it look like Cotto was being outclassed.
    I really cant see how ANYONE in this world can score this fight for Mayweather. a guy moving backwards and getting hit in the face is not winning the fight.
    Cotto won it, I stand by it, I know it. The crowd booed the decision, the crowd knew who won, and Floyd knew it too. Thats why he acted so strange after the fight and interrupted the HBO postfight discussion out of the ring.
    But the mayweather nuthuggery is really huge here on this site. and the Pacquiao hatred probably too. lets not forget mayweather is an american boxer and this is an american forum. pacquiao outclassed Cotto, Mayweather lost to Cotto, but pple dont want to admit.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
      the british commentary was a disgrace. they made it look like Cotto was being outclassed.
      I really cant see how ANYONE in this world can score this fight for Mayweather. a guy moving backwards and getting hit in the face is not winning the fight.
      Cotto won it, I stand by it, I know it. The crowd booed the decision, the crowd knew who won, and Floyd knew it too. Thats why he acted so strange after the fight and interrupted the HBO postfight discussion out of the ring.
      But the mayweather nuthuggery is really huge here on this site. and the Pacquiao hatred probably too. lets not forget mayweather is an american boxer and this is an american forum. pacquiao outclassed Cotto, Mayweather lost to Cotto, but pple dont want to admit.
      Ahem. Nobody is going to confuse me with a Fl0mo. Go ask Larryx about my views on Mayweather. I would LOVE to see Floyd get KTFO. Guess what? Cotto still didn't win that fight any more than Bradley beat Pacquiao. The only difference between the two fights is that Manny got screwed and Floyd didn't.

Poet

Comment

Show us your scorecard?

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I had it 10-2 to Mayweather.
        Same here.
        Last edited by Capaedia; 08-05-2012, 12:36 AM.

Comment

I don't know about "expert" but I thought many of the rounds were close, making the fight seem closer. Mayweather won the majority of the rounds though.
          Last edited by TBear; 08-05-2012, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I can't see more than 4 rounds to Cotto.

Comment

I had Mayweather winning comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
                I'd have been happy to see Cotto win. I'm a Brit and couldn't care less.

But to my eyes it wasn't that close a fight and it appears that its you that are in the minority.

Comment

i have seen fights like this before and a fighter gets a hometown decision or the judges saw what you saw. however how can anyone say cotto won the fight? either you hate floyd of you like cotto. he stayed competetive buy never consistently steped on the gas pedal for more than one round at a time. fight wasn't even close at all though intertaining.

Comment

i think i gave cotto 3 rounds, one more or one less would be fair though which means cotto at best lost by 4 points. not very close in other words. i dont see how anyone could score that fight for cotto tbh, mayweather clearly won it.

Comment

I gave Cotto 4 rounds, one of those was very close and could have gone either way but I gave it to Cotto because Mayweather rarely has such competitive rounds. To be honest TS, the way you reacted to seeing people's reaction on this site was the exact opposite of mine. I didn't think a single person could seriously believe Cotto won that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X