Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hyped are you for Mayweather/Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty excited!! I've wanted to see this fight for years and it's FINALLY on. Cotto's ferociousness, hard punches, body attack, and versatility vs. Mayweather's slick defense, skill, and athleticism. It'll be a friggin AWESOME fight.

Comment

Really looking forward to the fight. Best bout that Mayweather could have made outside of Pacquiao imo. Can't ask for more than that.

Comment

what a boring match up.....

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          nobody called Frazier shot? Especially in the 3rd fight?

Heres a hint, if youre gonna reference another fighter, make sure he wasnt considered shot
          Actually, going into the 3rd Ali fight, many many man people were saying Joe wasn't what he used to be. Or do you not know anything that far back???

Comment

Originally posted by BOX2010 View Post
            Cotto hasn't tasted defeat since 09, has had several improvements in trainers. Has to have learned a thing or two since 09. I tend to believe since 09 he has to be a little faster, stronger, more experienced in the ring. I highly doubt 100%, cotto since 09, hasnt been training to be faster, smarter, stronger.

I havent seen any stamina issues in his last two fights. Had the power in the 12 against Mayorga to knock him out and looked really good up until the 10th with Margarito, who you know is a massive pressure fighter. I dont think Cotto was going to just slow down in the finals rounds of that fight. I am sure FLoyd will win this one but it will be exciting. I expect a much better, stronger, faster, more experience, and most importantly more confident Cotto than in 09...
            Cotto got faster since '09? Really? And he's gonna be much faster vs Floyd?

Time to go to youtube and actually watch a Cotto fight. I can tell you havent seen his fight since you mentioned a 10th round in the Marg 2 fight when the fight was stopped after 9

Comment

It amazes me when Pacquiao or anyone else fights someone Floyd has fought, it's his leftovers. Now that he is fighting Cotto and he has taken 2 severe beatings people are actually tryin to justify him and make this look credible.

I've always liked Cotto and I'm Mexican but he is passed his best. I love his heart and toughness but you cannot look past the 2 beatings he took eventhough Marg cheated. He is not the same. Floyd should have fought him earlier instead of conveniently retiring and letting Cotto, Margarito,Mosley, and Pacquiao beat the hell out of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                Cotto isn't shot but he isn't prime that's for sure

Took like what 7 or 8 to stop yuri foreman, and took 12 rounds to stop nearly 40 year old mayogra cmon now.

Then his latest win over margarito I give him credit he looked sharp, but 2 things

1. Who doesn;t look sharp against marg
                2. marg had a huge handicap with that busted eye
                What I have been saying since 2009. He's past his prime-still good. Pretty much the same guy he was in 09', only at 154 lbs. His reflexes, ability, power, is still the same. Manny gets more credit for beating him first, but Floyd still gets his due.

Comment

Time to go to youtube and actually watch a Cotto fight. I can tell you havent seen his fight since you mentioned a 10th round in the Marg 2 fight when the fight was stopped after 9
                  He looks basically the same. Go watch his fight against Manny and watch his fights in 2011. How does he look any worse or better????

Floyd still gets his due for beating Cotto at 154, same way Manny did for beating Hatton after Floyd did.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    Actually, going into the 3rd Ali fight, many many man people were saying Joe wasn't what he used to be. Or do you not know anything that far back???
                    They were saying he was washed up. Ali's camp decided to give Frazier a title shot as a final payday for Joe before he retired. However, the fight proved to be a brutal, give and take affair.

Either way he was thought to be shot, you obviously have no idea what youre talking about yet youre telling me i dont know anything that far back? laughable, bro

Comment

Nah no need for youtube videos, it is basic logic. Good for you if you think after 3 years someone cannot improve at something they dedicate their life to. Hopefully after 3 years of life you are better at what you do, its really that simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X