No announcement yet.

Great... JMM get the ass end of the 2008 Best Action Photo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great... JMM get the ass end of the 2008 Best Action Photo

Award-winning photographer Chris Farina of Top Rank won first place with a riveting picture of Manny Pacquiao. Farina will be honored at the 84th annual Boxing Writers Association of America Awards Dinner on June 12 at The Capitale in New York City. Farina took first place in the Action Photo category for his 2008 image of Manny Pacquiao landing an overhand left to the jaw of Juan Manuel Marquez, which resulted in Marquez being knocked down near the end of the third round and a shower of sweat and water rising from Marquez’ head. Pacquiao went on to score a split-decision victory. “I knew right away I had a classic photograph. You have both fighters, the referee, the right framework,” said Farina. Farina, 49, was born in Ohio. He moved to Pittsburgh, then to Tupelo, Miss. and arrived into Las Vegas in 1975. He initially worked as a musician, playing on the Las Vegas strip since the age of 17 with his brothers. Chris played 5 instruments - - saxaphone, bass, guitar, piano and trumpet. He and his brother Joey worked as backup musicians for many famous stars including Al Martino, Jerry Vale and Connie Francis etc. Farina has been a Top Rank photographer since 1988.

Looks hot but damn why Marquez? Lol

Comment

That looks like the same punch and follow through that Pac hit Hatton with.

JMM's chin>Hatton's chin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
        Looks hot but damn why Marquez? Lol
        That's what I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          That looks like the same punch and follow through that Pac hit Hatton with.

JMM's chin>Hatton's chin
          glass>hattons chin.....

Comment

manny's already softened up JMM for floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
              manny's already softened up JMM for floyd
              I actually don't want Floyd to KO him and I don't think he will KO him. I want Marquez to go on to fight big fights after Floyd, if he gets KO'ed, catchweight or not, his stock will decrease(I think).

Win or lose, Hatton vs Marquez in Manchester would fatten Marquez bank account, and he deserves it and I actually see that fight coming off as a good one.

Edit: Sorry i meant his stock would increase win or lose against floyd.
              Last edited by Kevin Jesus; 05-29-2009, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I actually don't want Floyd to KO him and I don't think he will KO him. I want Marquez to go on to fight big fights after Floyd, if he gets KO'ed, catchweight or not, his stock will decrease(I think).

Win or lose, Hatton vs Marquez in Manchester would fatten Marquez bank account, and he deserves it and I actually see that fight coming off as a good one.

hatton-JMM? poor ricky...first floyd, then manny and now you wanna throw him in there against JMM after a loss...what did ricky ever do to you?

Comment

Edit: Sorry i meant his stock would increase.
                  I see the fight ending in hatton get demolished. the fight wouldnt happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post

he turned him into gatti

Comment

Working...
                    X