Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local sports radio guy here in Dallas says McGregor can beat Floyd because...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
    Again, we're not talking about a guy coming off the couch, or even a pro athlete from some random sport... Conor/MMA is different. Admit that.

The fastest Defensive Back in the NFL doesn't focus on just running fast, but its part of what he does his entire career.
    Just make sure you come back once Floyd barely breaks a sweat after slapping Conor around for as long as it last.

Comment

Floyd is 40, hasn't boxed for 2 years. I'm not sure how good he really is at this point anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        I live in Dallas as well....let's make it a threesome with Mike D... Well maybe that's awkward ...
        we can all link up if ya'll want..maybe hit a bar

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
          Just make sure you come back once Floyd barely breaks a sweat after slapping Conor around for as long as it last.
          I'll be around. I'm excited to see what the fuuk happens, even if it's a complete whitewash, I WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

I'm not here to talk shht. But would happen around here if Conor even just rocks Floyd (let along drops Floyd (let along KO's Floyd))??? What would be your reaction?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            I'm pretty sure Floyd's sparring partners are better than McGregor is.
            Absolutely... by far. The discipline and training levels are far superior as well. Guys been doing this his entire life.

By the time McGregor he had his first amateur MMA fight, Floyd was training to fight De La Hoya.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              Absolutely... by far. The discipline and training levels are far superior as well. Guys been doing this his entire life.

By the time McGregor he had his first amateur MMA fight, Floyd was training to fight De La Hoya.
              I'm stunned anyone is picking McGregor, and I'm one of the MMA guys here.

It's an absolute farce.

The Athletic Commission that signed off on this joke has no shame whatsoever.

Comment

My little brother (who follows MMA and only watches big boxing fights) seems to think McGregor has a shot because Floyd is old. I told him that's a lot like picking a young MLB pitcher to outdo an old NFL quarterback.

Sure the pitcher is younger and is used to throwing, which probably makes him more suited for being a QB than a random guy on the street. But all that muscle memory and pitching practice will be hard to convert into the kind of passing skill that a QB who has been drilling it down their whole life would have.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  "If McGregor can focus for a few months on solely training for just boxing, he can win."

Just heard him say it on the way home.

I know this is just one dumb f**k among millions who are deluded enough to believe this, but...jeezus, man.

Are human beings this f**king ******ed? Floyd has been in the boxing game his ENTIRE life. Are people really ignorant enough to believe that one can go train for a few months on something and not only master it, but be better than someone who has lived and breathed it for their entire life?

What the f**k is wrong with people??
                  MMA and boxing is just fighting to the casuals, and this fight is not a case of Connor coming from a life devoted to table tennis so its easy to see how casuals can think he can beat a 40 yr old Floyd.

Boxing or stand up is a huge part of MMA they all train boxing as part of the skill set Connor is not totally green as people try to make out he has no idea of boxing. I see it like a GP rider having a go at driving a F1 car, they don't win but do ok when in a F1 car, many have beaten guys that raced f1 their whole life.

If Connor can land his best shot he could get lucky, very unlikely but its a possibility, that's the thing with fighting one punch can end it.

Another guy while on racing is the world champion race game driver of Iracing, he was given a chance to drive the real indy car as an experiment and he ran better times than guys that had years of Indy racing, and this kid had only ever raced on a computer never a real car.
                  Last edited by Reloaded; 06-15-2017, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Oh, and agenda or not, at least those names those posters throw out there are actually world level guys. Even if they're B level.

Does McGregor even register at the D level when it comes to boxing?
                    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Look we agree. My point is you see that level of stupidity on here daily and it isn't always agenda driven. I'm not talking PAC boy or freedom. I'm talking the guy that genuine defends opinions regarding Floyd that are flat out asinine.

B level, d level it isn't much difference given the space Floyd occupies. Yet people spend so much time denying that greatness. stupidity reigns supreme and Floyd capitalizes off it every time.

Think about all the threads saying Floyd is a cherry picker and not that great. Now he signs this fight and those same people finally admit how great he is and this will be easy.
                    I saw Paulie Malignaggi going back and forth with a hardcore fan on Twitter. The guy said something stupid and Paulie said something that made so much sense, he said: There are people who what this shit every weekend and still have no idea what they're watching.

Think about people that write about boxing and people that call the fights. When it comes to breaking down the fight how many of them really know what they're watching? Out of those that do know what they're watching (former fighters and trainers) how many can properly articulate it to the audience? Maybe just Roy Jones Jr and Paulie. In other sports you have former players and coaches doing the color commentary and a broadcaster doing the play by play. People don't realize how much John Madden's telestrator helped the average fan when it comes to the technical side of football. And also video games. Fans know all the defensive and offensive schemes. The guys doing the color commentating can break down the plays and they guys doing the play by play call the plays correctly. Lampley can't even call the correct punch being thrown and he calls punches that miss.

Now think about the writers. Fat Dan is the most known boxing writer. You never see him at gyms talking to fighters unless it's fight week. He sits at home and calls his sources about fight news or waits for them to call him. He can't break down a fight and he can't score a fight. Most writers have no idea what they're watching so they can't articulate it to the fans. That's why we get so much "all Floyd does is run and hug" "Ward is a clincher". They don't know the subtleties or nuances. So fans think it's just two guys in the ring throwing punches at each other. They've seen McGregor throw punches at guys and KO them so they think he can do the same to Floyd if "Floyd doesn't run and hug". The boxing media is to blame for these casuals thinking Conor has a chance because they watch this shit every weekend and have no idea what they're watching and the fans take their word for it.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                      I'll be around. I'm excited to see what the fuuk happens, even if it's a complete whitewash, I WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

I'm not here to talk shht. But would happen around here if Conor even just rocks Floyd (let along drops Floyd (let along KO's Floyd))??? What would be your reaction?
                      My reaction would be anger for me not putting money on Conor in Vegas. It is not going to happen. He will be swinging at air all fight and be winded by the sixth round.

Comment

Working...
                      X