Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington: I Can Beat All Of The Featherweight Champs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington: I Can Beat All Of The Featherweight Champs

Josh Warrington is closing in on a featherweight unification fight after rejoining promoter Eddie Hearn. The IBF champion's contract with Queensberry Promotions had expired and he decided to head back to Matchroom Boxing just over three years after their first stint together ended after the mutual decision to part ways was confirmed by Frank Warren on Thursday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He couldn't beat Gallahad.

Comment

“But can you imagine a Shakur Stevenson or a Can Xu or a Gary Russell Jr. walking out at Headingley?"

I notice he has Gary Russell Jr. listed last. He don't want that work!

Comment

There goes Shakur. Hearn has to milk Josh, before he puts him in tough.

Comment

Yes, Warrington is definitely an over achiever.
          Russell was available right now but no surprises that fight won't get made.

Comment

The call is out. They're looking for an old name, preferably a Mexican, or an undefeated nobody. Someone we never heard of, with a good record vs the neighborhood goons. No way Hearn takes a risk so soon, if at all.

Comment

Can Wuhan Xu KO weight bully Josh Warrington. War!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                “But can you imagine a Shakur Stevenson or a Can Xu or a Gary Russell Jr. walking out at Headingley?"

I notice he has Gary Russell Jr. listed last. He don't want that work!
                He said in an interview recently that if he could pick just one guy, he'd want GRJ cuz he is the longest reigning champ in the division

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  He said in an interview recently that if he could pick just one guy, he'd want GRJ cuz he is the longest reigning champ in the division
                  That's surprising because all I heard is his desire to fight Shakur. Once that looked like it wasn't gonna happen, Xu Can's name emerged. GRJ seems like an afterthought!

Comment

He’s obviously going to fight Can Xu next, 100%

It’s probably the easiest fight to make, maybe the easiest fight to win and gives him 2 belts to take into negotiations with other champs

The fight will be in Leeds, where he sells out regardless, so they will just pick the most winnable and easy fight to make
                    Last edited by deathofaclown; 02-15-2020, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X