Hearns plan for Brook was Josesito Lopez lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Did people not already know this?

His first defence was never going to be against anyone great in Sheffield. They're desperate to make the Khan fight.
    I of all people actually don't mind this and we all know my stance on Brook. Brook went in to the Champ's home country and took the belt off of him and not a vacant title. So, Lopez as a first defense is not bad especially since, he is supposed to make it a showcase performance for his hometown fans. You want to maximize your earnings too, so nothing wrong with an easy first defense.

Comment

Lopez is a live dog

Comment

Kell would have dominated him, but as a home coming first defence, it made sense.

They want the Khan fight, or some other big fight in the summer.

Comment

Because he should have asked who else to come to Sheffield? Who were you honestly expecting?

He wants Khan. That's what been working for and building towards for years. And the reasons why are pretty obvious. When Mayweather shuns Khan again, he'll get him.

Comment

Lopez is a good fighter but Brook's better. Going to be a great fight, I can't actually wait for this one. It's pretty clever matchmaking because Lopez has fought a few known fighters like Alvarez, Maidana, Ortiz so Brook can see how he performs compared to how they did. Like a measuring stick of where he's at in a way, almost like the Porter fight was - it showed Brook was a level above. And Lopez always comes to fight, he's one of the most entertaining fighters in the sport. Nice fight.

Comment

Working...
            X