Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only one with low expectations for Pac-Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only one with low expectations for Pac-Mayweather?

i was thinking about it the other day, and the more i thought of it the more i got to the conclusion that it would probably be a boring fight.. I can see Mayweather "running" just avoiding Pac, and i actually dont see Pac connecting with that high amount of punches that he usually does.. (obviously he will, hes fighting a defensive mastermind but u know what i mean)

so basically my question is, besides the importance of it, are you looking forward to the fight because it will be exciting or just to decide who is P4P 1#? reasons?
    Last edited by RockyB; 12-01-2009, 04:47 AM.

Good post. The fight you are describing is the fight Mayweather will want to fight and the style he will opt for IF he can get away with it.The big ? is can Manny force Floyd to fight HIS fight which will be all action in Mayweather's face. That fight is the fight people will want to see and IMO will happen.This is the real interest in this fight. Floyd is super skilled but people want to see how he reacts in a real fight where he can not get away with his cautious defensive approach for that reason I would love to see Floyd fight Manny ,Shane and Paul Williams.
    Last edited by John Hue; 12-01-2009, 04:59 AM.

Comment

This is how I envisioned it at first. But there's one thing that's given me doubts recently- Manny being a southpaw. I rewatched the Judah and Demarcus Corley fights this week, the last two southpaws Floyd faced. He has a much more aggressive approach to southpaws than conventional stance guys. He walked both of those guys down and made it much more of a fight- he threw and took more shots. They're both on youtube so I'd recommend having a look.

Having said that, I see Floyd being ultra defensive for the first four rounds against Manny, to feel him out and adjust accordingly. It could well be 2-2 or 3-1 to Manny after 4, but after that I see Floyd landing the right hand with more regularity and avoiding Manny's left at all costs, cruising to a UD.

Comment

I'd prefer Pac-Bradley and May-Mosley. This fight is gonna be gay.

Comment

Originally posted by 5betlight View Post
          I'd prefer Pac-Bradley and May-Mosley. This fight is gonna be gay.
          id prefer to see mayweather vs mosley definitely too over may pac

Comment

I looked at it that way like i look at most of Mayweather's fight from 147 upwards, He doesnt take risks and doesnt take any punishment which makes for a "Boring" fight to the neutrals, We could see a boring 12 round decision or a good fight like the Hatton/Mayweather one..

The thing is a lot of people want Mayweather to lose most of the time from the Gatti fight onwards but by the time his fights get to the 6th round then people realise that he isnt losing and it would be the same old "Boring" fight to them.

Comment

it wont be as good as pac-cotto, it'll be good if you can appreciate a little chess game in the ring instead of blood and guts all the time

i think it'll be alright, pacquaio wont let it be boring and i think he'll win

Comment

The thing I worry about is that Floyd will refuse to engage at all costs, which includes holding, running, fighting like Dirrell did against Froch. I'm almost certain the fight will not be exciting because of Floyd's style obviously, but there is a great chance Floyd tries to stink it up to win.

Comment

good replies people, keep em coming

Comment

Working...
                  X