Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody name someone that might have chance against Loma?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    I thought Floyd lost the 1st fight...but it's not like it diminished his career. it is similar tho...and I definitely see loma haters clinging to it the same way if loma goes on to greatness.
    thats fine if you think he lost the first one...but floyd got him right back in there and beat him even though he didnt really have to.....and the haters still till this day talk about it even after he had a pretty damn good career.....so weve seen the playbook before right? you should expect it and remember that other fighters have had the same cross to bear as loma

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Yeah, this is how I see it. Sadly, I don't think Mikey will be in too many big fights anytime soon.

Mikey will probably go his entire career with no 50-50 fights. It kills me he's about to go to 140 and snatch an easy belt and have the claim he's a "multi weight 'champion'" like Broner and Guerrero. Wouldn't be surprised if he retires soon again. i'm saying this as a fan of the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        I don't think some of you realise just how small Lomachenko is. Saw those pics of him next to Mikey recently - he was ****ing tiny. I'm not talking height either, I'm talking about the frame, the width.

I can imagine Loma really struggling with that physicality - it makes a difference. I can see Mikey putting Loma under a lot of pressure, and getting pressured by a technical guy like that is the worst kind of pressure.
        I saw him last week after the fight and yes he is tiny. I'd say he should make most of his carer at 135 and even then he's giving away size. He could still make 126 and maybe 130 is the best weight for him.

Regarding Mikey. Mikey is not a pressure fighter. He's a technical boxer who really excels when the fight is brought to him so he can counter and pick the opponent off. His feet are slow and he'd struggle with a target that's not there and with the angles. Loma isn't a runner but he has the feet to always keep him off balance and enough for Mikey not to get set. Mikey as a pressure fighter may leave too many holes and get picked off himself. Given the rate at which Loma has learned and his adaptability I just view it as a bad match for Mikey whichever way he fights.

I don't think he'd quit or nothing but feel he'd lose comfortably on points like 117-111 or even 118-110.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          I think Salido would get crushed now. Loma is a dramatically improved and more experienced fighter. It's amazing how that happens in Boxing. I don't think he'd let an opponent not bother making weight by 3-4 lbs then foul around 100 times and he also has gotten used to the pro's so no need for a nervous start or pacing himself.

I'd say under 147 nobody really poses a threat. Mikey is a top 10 pound for pound fighter but Loma's style is all wrong for him and he'd drop a wide UD. I was right on the Walters, Rigo and Russell fights almost to a T. I'm right again here.
          If it was a 15 round fight first time round, Salido get knocked out, that is despite fighting a guy with only 1 pro fight, him being a former world champ, a veteran, coming in 20lbs heavier and getting away with low blows all night.

Comment

Any fighter that can grind like salido will give loma problems or beat him. Loma will beat any body that boxes him but any body who grinds him down he will get beat. You can quote me on that

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Mikey will probably go his entire career with no 50-50 fights. It kills me he's about to go to 140 and snatch an easy belt and have the claim he's a "multi weight 'champion'" like Broner and Guerrero. Wouldn't be surprised if he retires soon again. i'm saying this as a fan of the cat.
              Me too. I'm a fan of his but his bitterness and his calling out/name dropping then not delivering when offered is losing me a bit.

His 135 was an interim so maybe he'll try to come down for a lightweight title at some point if he wants a real title at the weight but I suspect he had his eyes more on Easter than anything else.

Comment

I want to see Loma undisputed at 130 and 135 if the tile holders at those divisions have the balls to fight him. I still give Loma edge vs Mikey at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  thats fine if you think he lost the first one...but floyd got him right back in there and beat him even though he didnt really have to.....and the haters still till this day talk about it even after he had a pretty damn good career.....so weve seen the playbook before right? you should expect it and remember that other fighters have had the same cross to bear as loma
                  indeed...doesn't mean haters don't need to be called on it. the hypocrisy you pointed out goes both ways too.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                    indeed...doesn't mean haters don't need to be called on it. the hypocrisy you pointed out goes both ways too.
                    sure does...but one preceded the other and potentially helped to spawn the loma hate

ive been a boxing fan for awhile...ive been on boxing message boards for awhile.....floyds career spawned a war between races that will probably now go on for years on the internet...maybe even decades

it would be nice if everyone started with a blank slate and everyone gave every guy a chance.....but now if you bag on golovkin(even though ur white urself and dont bash loma or kovalev) you automatically are labeled as having an "agenda" ...when in fact he just hasnt impressed you

it actually amazes me that some people cant even, for a second, fathom why someone might question or knock golovkin...some guys are so far up some guys arses they cant concede an inch

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      sure does...but one preceded the other and potentially helped to spawn the loma hate

ive been a boxing fan for awhile...ive been on boxing message boards for awhile.....floyds career spawned a war between races that will probably now go on for years on the internet...maybe even decades

it would be nice if everyone started with a blank slate and everyone gave every guy a chance.....but now if you bag on golovkin(even though ur white urself and dont bash loma or kovalev) you automatically are labeled as having an "agenda" ...when in fact he just hasnt impressed you

it actually amazes me that some people cant even, for a second, fathom why someone might question or knock golovkin...some guys are so far up some guys arses they cant concede an inch
                      iv'e been following boxing for quite a long time...and tbh, I didn't even care about any of this bs til I started posting on forums. nsb is among the most toxic.

Comment

Working...
                      X