Collapse
No announcement yet.

You tell that scared ass UK fighter to fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a lucrative fight RIGHT NOW It's gonna heat up, go cold...reheat and then served luke warm. Don't over marinate.

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
      Been saying it all along. Wilder > Juicia.
      A "Juice" J. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
        Good point made here, but how can we conclude he beat a game Wlad? Wlad's effort was there but even he cannot overcome the huge age difference. Also, AJ went the Wlad route because it was mid-risk, high reward for him. AJ did not want to go the Wilder route, because it was high-risk, mid-reward for him. AJ, in my opinion, is not as keen as Wilder to fight the latter. This is because his team is telling him that Wilder could potentially limit AJ's earning potential if AJ gets knocked out and destroy AJ's mystique. Part of why AJ is popular is because of the wins, i.e., the Olympics, undefeated, looks the part, perfect knockout ratio, etc.

If Wilder beats him, that mystique is gone. AJ will still make good money but not as much and will not have the reputation he is trying to hold on to as the baddest man which he isn't. Further, Tyson Fury is the man who beat the man legitimately, not a man who beat a man coming from a loss. Just saying...
        Just for the record I agree that Wladmir was older and he had also been inactive for a long while in the ring, and I also agree that those factors certainly helped AJ in the ring but Wladmir was game on the night, he gave AJ hell and almost beat him; in that moment you'd still rank Wlad among the best in the HW division despite his defeat to Fury a couple of years earlier. And I also agree that the Fury win over Wlad was better, but we also need to give credit where due to AJ ; because he beat a future hall of famer who on the night did not look out of his depth although the age gap/inactivity certainly helped him.

I disagree that AJ did not want to go the Wilder route, simply because the British Public wanted to see Wlad/AJ and it was a genuine superfight in the country and we all saw all the success the event achieved. And while Wilder is certainly a more dangerous fight, Wlad/AJ was 50/50 for me and far from not risky at all, if AJ was a guy who wanted to take no risks at all he'd not have taken that fight, he could happily have continued to make a healthy pay day selling out the 02 facing guys like Charles Martin. On the other hand, Wilder has failed to hunt the big names and it took Fury to open up the division for him to wake up a little bit but it would have been nice to see him take on Wladmir when he was on top.

Also, win, lose or draw the casual fans here in Britain will still pay big bucks to see AJ; sure he will lose some mystique in defeat but there will always be a lot of interest, see the career of Frank Bruno. AJ is the best media trained guy I've ever seen and he has been marketed extremely well, it makes no sense from his team to duck Wilder given their foothold in the sport of boxing and potential to make so much money. Wilder on the other hand will relish the challenge from the POV of elevating his profile and making some money at the expense of not as much risk because AJ should be easy work for him.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          the bottom line is that the best fight to be made is wilder vs Joshua. bringing up an old wlad has nothing to do with that. wilder vs Joshua needs to happen, any boxing fan should be calling for this fight, nobody as heavyweight has an amazing resume so please stop. the wlad victory was decent but he was inactive and coming off a loss outside of that, nothing on anyones resume stands out so they should fight eachother.
          Even that version of Wlad, would give hell to everyone in the HW division outside Fury.

And I disagree because Fury easily has the best resume out of the lot while Wilder has the weakest given his experience as well.

Yes, Wilder/AJ needs to happen and it will happen am not sure why people are getting their knickers in a twist because the fight will 100% happen.

Comment

I'm confused as to why anyone is saying there's been ducking here. Didn't Joshua already have a fight with Wlad signed and waited on a contractually obligated re-match and was handed a mandatory? Didn't Wilder fight a bum early in the year and a mando bum this weekend? Confused as to when they could have fought and Wilder only started "calling him out" a month ago when both had scheduled fights. Nobody is scared of Wilder.

It will happen. Also, I find it funny how people think Wilder is a top fighter and more skillful than guys like GGG, Lomachenko, Garcia etc; He's a bum with power and awful technique. His whole career is a fraud up to this point. He's never even fought a C level guy yet and y'all saying he's an all-time great.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaz619 View Post
              Just for the record I agree that Wladmir was older and he had also been inactive for a long while in the ring, and I also agree that those factors certainly helped AJ in the ring but Wladmir was game on the night, he gave AJ hell and almost beat him; in that moment you'd still rank Wlad among the best in the HW division despite his defeat to Fury a couple of years earlier. And I also agree that the Fury win over Wlad was better, but we also need to give credit where due to AJ ; because he beat a future hall of famer who on the night did not look out of his depth although the age gap/inactivity certainly helped him.

I disagree that AJ did not want to go the Wilder route, simply because the British Public wanted to see Wlad/AJ and it was a genuine superfight in the country and we all saw all the success the event achieved. And while Wilder is certainly a more dangerous fight, Wlad/AJ was 50/50 for me and far from not risky at all, if AJ was a guy who wanted to take no risks at all he'd not have taken that fight, he could happily have continued to make a healthy pay day selling out the 02 facing guys like Charles Martin. On the other hand, Wilder has failed to hunt the big names and it took Fury to open up the division for him to wake up a little bit but it would have been nice to see him take on Wladmir when he was on top.

Also, win, lose or draw the casual fans here in Britain will still pay big bucks to see AJ; sure he will lose some mystique in defeat but there will always be a lot of interest, see the career of Frank Bruno. AJ is the best media trained guy I've ever seen and he has been marketed extremely well, it makes no sense from his team to duck Wilder given their foothold in the sport of boxing and potential to make so much money. Wilder on the other hand will relish the challenge from the POV of elevating his profile and making some money at the expense of not as much risk because AJ should be easy work for him.
              Well said, bro. No one is against AJ doing well financially. He has already started in the right direction. We just want to see the fight. that's all. If he needs more time, let him say it. But, let the fans know what's real.

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
                Well said, bro. No one is against AJ doing well financially. He has already started in the right direction. We just want to see the fight. that's all. If he needs more time, let him say it. But, let the fans know what's real.
                Am sure they will get it on eventually, sky have been increasingly plugging Deontay Wilder as of late and they have a deal with matchroom who promote AJ. I know people don't like the idea of Wilder facing Whyte, but from the POV of Eddie Hearn it's not a knock on Wilder, but a win over Whyte would further elevate his appeal in the UK and make the fight with AJ even bigger. Whyte obviously is not ready for the top level just yet but remains a good prospect. Either way, Wilder could still go into a big clash with AJ and draw big numbers given that it is a unification after all

Comment

Working...
                X