No announcement yet.

Now that the smoke has cleared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that the smoke has cleared

I think the Pac-Brad fight was a lot closer than the judges had it...But I do think Teddy Atlas did more harm than good to Tim.

He was thinking to much and trying not to get in "Trouble" by Teddy...

As the saying goes you can't change a fighter....When Tim got hit he went back to the old Tim....But he fought well!! He's going to fire Teddy thou lol and Teddy knows it....Tim put SO much trust in him with this fight!
    Last edited by TeamPac27; 04-10-2016, 07:09 PM.

If he fires Atlas i feel sorry for any trainer who ever gets hired by him....I cant stand fighters like that who fire the trainer every time they lose..Chad Dawson was notorious for that

Comment

Yea...if you listen to his post interview... They ask him about that and he was like he don't know ect etc.....That should've been yes or no....

Comment

Its not Atlas fault, its HBO fault for only putting the Camera on him every single round, did they even show Roach and Pacs corner it seemed it was 90 percent Atlas, HBO was trying to focus on Atlas for some drama and convo to sell just in case Bradley pulled off a KO win or something.

I dont think Bradley should fire Atlas, that was a great Bradley we saw, Atlas really changed him up, but they only had two fights, it takes more fights to really hone a guy, Atlas had Bradley on point with the movement and spacing, all he needed to do is get Bradley to commit to shots more and not waste them with those air jab flicker shots that dont really land.

Comment

Atlas should have given that damn Fireman speech.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamPac27 View Post
            I think the Pac-Brad fight was a lot closer than the judges had it...But I do think Teddy Atlas did more harm than good to Tim.

He was thinking to much and trying not to get in "Trouble" by Teddy...

As the saying goes you can't change a fighter....When Tim got hit he went back to the old Tim....But he fought well!! He's going to fire Teddy thou lol and Teddy knows it....Tim put SO much trust in him with this fight!
            They should depart ways if that's what's best. But I think what happened here is that they together tried but failed. People acting like Bradley **** the bed on this fight and was made to look terrible because of Atlas's tutelage. The truth is Pacquiao is a much more dynamic fighter and idk..maybe Pacquiao just had a better night then the previous two. Made the right choices and executions in the ring. Bradley just hasn't been able to take control of the fight with Pacquiao.

Atlas is an abrasive stubborn guy and as soon as he comes to the fruition for what happened during that fight, he's going to stick with that conclusion on what the failure was. It's up to Tim to dismiss and look past his trainers opinion or hold it against him and shake hands and walk away

Comment

I really dislike Atlas, but just look at Bradley in those mid-rounds after that flash knockdown, he looked completely defeated despite being very much in the fight imo. He needed Atlas to scream, yet he didn't respond so it was all for nothing.

Comment

It was 7-5, but the knockdowns made it wide. 117-111 was the right score, but as with many fights, the scorecard doesn't necessarily tell the whole story. Lots of close rounds, lots of drama. It was a good fight.

And I felt he didn't go back to the old Tim, for the most part. He was careful, he was smart. He just didn't find the openings he needed to take enough rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamPac27 View Post
                  He's going to fire Teddy thou lol and Teddy knows it....Tim put SO much trust in him with this fight!
                  Fire...men?

On serious note, I don't think he'll fire Teddy. I think Teddy quits.

Comment

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
                    If he fires Atlas i feel sorry for any trainer who ever gets hired by him....I cant stand fighters like that who fire the trainer every time they lose..Chad Dawson was notorious for that

bradley fires atlas, manny announces his retirement for sure, bradley hooks up with roach. the rest is history.

Comment

Working...
                    X