Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac's WW resume is smoke and mirrors half his comp was unranked when he fought them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
    Again, I think it's OK for Pac to get knocked out and then not pick someone who looked super impressive. I'd extend the same opinion to Mayweather or literally anyone else in the same situation.

What wasn't impressive about Cotto's wins? The fights were competitive so they're no good?

EDIT: Mosley is a fair example though, I wasn't crazy about Pac/Mosley.
    what was his excuse for picking them when it wasn't after a kayo loss...Margarito, mosley and Algieri he was coming off wins before he fought them....Clottey as well he was coming off a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Cotto...arguably coming off two losses....1 by tko and one was a disputed decision to clottey...he was top ten though

Clottey....lost every big fight in his career, except to Judah.....He was lower top ten

Margarito was not top ten at 147 or 154....was coming off a year lay off and looked like crap against a journeyman prior to facing Pac....before that he got KTFO by Mosley

Bradley was not a top ten welterweight in their first fight....he fought unranked Abregu before facing Pac.....Bradley was not ranked at 147 until they robbed Pac of victory vs him

Rios wasn't top ten at welter

Algieri wasn't top ten

JMM....IS A GREAT FIGHTER but never was an elite welterweight and didn't enter the top ten til he KTFO of Manny.....every other fighter he faced at 147 he lost to
      Why did Margarito looks like crap in his comeback? I just remember him outboxing the sht outta the guy, although admittedly I didn't watch the entire fight, seems he won every round. Is it because he boxed? But yea, obviously he was passed prime. Still an underrated win, considering the size disadvantage.
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 09-29-2015, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        cotto...arguably coming off two losses....1 by tko and one was a disputed decision to clottey...he was top ten though

clottey....lost every big fight in his career, except to judah.....he was lower top ten

margarito was not top ten at 147 or 154....was coming off a year lay off and looked like crap against a journeyman prior to facing pac....before that he got ktfo by mosley

bradley was not a top ten welterweight in their first fight....he fought unranked abregu before facing pac.....bradley was not ranked at 147 until they robbed pac of victory vs him

rios wasn't top ten at welter

algieri wasn't top ten

jmm....is a great fighter but never was an elite welterweight and didn't enter the top ten til he ktfo of manny.....every other fighter he faced at 147 he lost to
        this is just the truth man, anyone who tried to deny this is tripping, yes we know pac is an atg but this is undeniable

Comment

Working...
        X