Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fighters refused to duck anybody in their career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    You listed a shot to **** Mayorga as someone we wanted to see Cotto fight? He could have fought Sergio instead of that.
    Yeah, I did. Past prime or not Mayorga was still a big name with a solid record who could bang and was seen as a threat. Go back a few years and dig up the threads if you don't believe me.

People were were also picking Quintana to school Cotto overwhelmingly. Mosley, too.

Comment

Fighters who ducked no one:

Sugar Ray Robinson
      Rocky Marciano
      Joe Louis
      Oscar Delahoya
      Evander Holyfield
      Mike Tyson

That's a just a handful off the top of my head. Honorable mention goes to:

Lennox Lewis and Muhammad Ali. They fought everyone, but their refusal to rematch fighters the public wanted them to rematch tarnishes some of their credibility in this area. Still great fighters, though, who have my full respect.

I mean, who can blame either of them for wanting no part of rematches that they both would have probably lost.

Ali stood no chance against Foreman in a fight here in the states, and Lewis was near retirement and no longer his once great self.

Comment

There's still a ton of fighters out there that have to earn their stripes the hard way.

For every 1 coddled promoter protected fighter there is probably 100 fighters out there paying their dues.

Recent fighters:

Marcos Maidana
        Lucas Matthysse
        Chris Arreola
        Paul Williams
        Sergio Martinez
        Julio Cesar Chavez Jr
        Nonito Donaire
        Guillermo Rigondeaux
        Erislandy Lara
        Austin Trout
        Miguel Cotto
        Richard Abril
        Glen Johnson
        Carl fROCH

list goes on and on. the problem is we the fans constantly get the coddled fighters shoved in our face since they bring in the most money.

Comment

Working...
        X