Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Danny Garcia fight Lucas Matthyse now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Danny Garcia fight Lucas Matthyse now?

I heard someone say he should move up and fight Maglinaggi. Lol

Anyway I think he will do it, Matthysse definitely earned his shot, and Garcia is probably going to get a huge ego from Flattening Jelly Jaw Khan and ancient Morales

He'll come out ready to stand and trade, but I don't think he's going to like Matthyse's power one bit.

It would be war, can't write off danny too.

Comment

GBP usually has no problem matching up their best fighters. They'll make this fight.

This is not Top Stank we're talking about here, the "Fight Marinators", let's let a fight marinate until one of the fighters lose and the fight loses all it's momentum.

Worst case scenario is that Garcia doesn't fight Matthysse in his very next fight but still fights him in 2013, but neither fighter would have lost momentum.

Comment

yup, and Matthysse will get the recognition he deserves

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          GBP usually has no problem matching up their best fighters. They'll make this fight.

This is not Top Stank we're talking about here, the "Fight Marinators", let's let a fight marinate until one of the fighters lose and the fight loses all it's momentum.

Worst case scenario is that Garcia doesn't fight Matthysse in his very next fight but still fights him in 2013, but neither fighter would have lost momentum.
          Garcia Morales 2 wasn't exactly a best fighter type of fight. GBP also do put soft touches in because it sells.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
            It would be war, can't write off danny too.
            I'll be betting big on Matthysse as I can see the betting line being generous in this one

Matthyse has the much better delivery platform for his power, better variety of shots, more power, more experience against top tier opposition, better defence, better boxing skills.....

the list is endless.

Comment

Slob will keep Rios away from Matthysse and Garcia, GBP will take advantage and say "See fans, WE give you the best fights, WHEN you want them". We want Donaire-Rigondeaux right now, but we're not getting it. We wanted Gamboa-Lopez when they were both undefeated, but we didn't get it. We missed out on young prime versions of Mayweather and Cotto at 140 when they were both in Top Rank.

Anyway, the best fight to make at 140 right now is the 140 Champion Garcia vs the #1 ranked 140 Matthysse. It's a no brainer. GBP gave us the 135 champion vs the #1 ranked LW in 2009 Marquez-Diaz. They are not afraid of putting there best against eachother.

Champion vs #1, let's do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
                Garcia Morales 2 wasn't exactly a best fighter type of fight. GBP also do put soft touches in because it sells.
                It wasn't, but what choice did GBP/Garcia had if Morales had a rematch clause? You know it would have been illegal to fight some one else right? Morales had already let Garcia fight Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  I'll be betting big on Matthysse as I can see the betting line being generous in this one

Matthyse has the much better delivery platform for his power, better variety of shots, more power, more experience against top tier opposition, better defence, better boxing skills.....

the list is endless.
                  A key attribute is his chin. Matthysse took a perfect Judah uppercut right on the point of the chin and just smiled.

Zab has KO'd many fighters with that shot and rocked Cotto with it at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    A key attribute is his chin. Matthysse took a perfect Judah uppercut right on the point of the chin and just smiled.

Zab has KO'd many fighters with that shot and rocked Cotto with it at 147.
                    I think they both ave solid chins, but a solid chin will be broken eventually, and I see Garcias breaking first.

Comment

Working...
                    X