Morning Boxing Workout Diet??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Boxing Workout Diet??

Hey everyone,

I live in New York and work from 8:30 am to 6 pm. The gym that I'm going to join is extremely crowded from 6-10 so I was going to workout as soon as the place opened at 6:30 am (mainly because they have showers AND it's right across the street from where I work. I'm 170 lbs, 5'9". I'm slim but not really in shape (hence the reason for wanting to workout). I was wondering what a good daily diet would be. I've seen all the diets that have the usual "run in the morning/box at night" but I'm looking for the box in the morning and run at night diet.

Any help would be really appreciated. I want to make sure I have enough energy in the morning to get a great workout but not feel like **** while I'm doing it. Also, any workout routine would be appreciated too, I mean, I know it's probably just the same as a normal routine, but I'm just curious if anyone else out there with the same schedule has had experience and would like to throw out their routines.

Thanks

Need some simple carbs to give you energy fast since you haven't had any food for 8 hour or so while you slept. Complex carbs for sustained energy to get you through the workout, and some protein is always good. And since you're trying to get into shape nothing to fatty/sugary.

How about a banana, a bowl of oatmeal, and a hard boiled egg. Have some water too since you will be dehydrated after sleeping. Then have a protein shake and a bagel (whole grain) and some more fruit after your workout.

That's pretty sweet to have a boxing gym open that early right across from work. I'd love that.

Comment

The nutrition really doesn't make a difference between the two workout schedules. Just follow the general guidelines (good carbs, protein, water, etc. etc.) and you'll be good.

If you would like an example, my typical breakfast before a workout session is a serving of cereal like Special K (no lame sugar cereals like fruit loops), 5 hard-boiled eggs, and a serving of orange juice.

Don't forget your multi-v.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you guys, I'm looking to start soon and I was just worried Id be eating wrong if I went about it in the traditional "morning run/evening box" kind of diet. Thanks especially for the examples. I really appreciate it.

And Scott, I consider myself one lucky SOB because I get to walk 20 feet from the gym to my job. I'm definitely going to try to take full advantage of this.

Thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
        X