Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't BOXING covered on ESPN/Sportscenter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isn't BOXING covered on ESPN/Sportscenter?

Why?
    Unless you're Floyd or Manny basically, no coverage.

All the other rsports from Golf to Tennis get coverage, why not boxing.

Deontay Wilder fought last weekend. He's the Heavyweight Champion of the world. I'm not sure if ESPN even mentioned it.

If Boxing can get coverage like the other sports can, it would be alright.

How was boxing coverage in the past like the 80s and 90s. Was it mentioned on ESPN?

They seem to be turning their focus on being social justice warriors. Or at least the last time i watched several months ago. No time to cover boxing when they are getting all political

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      They seem to be turning their focus on being social justice warriors. Or at least the last time i watched several months ago. No time to cover boxing when they are getting all political
      What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with why boxing isn't being covered.

Comment

Somebody needs to take a knee or something

Comment

Because boxing isn't a main stream sport.

And they did mention De La Hoya and McGregor on PTI yesterday for 20 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Because boxing isn't a main stream sport.

And they did mention De La Hoya and McGregor on PTI yesterday for 20 seconds.
            It is a mainstream sport. It's not mens volleyball or something like that.

And that was only mentioned because of Connor. If De La Hoya called out Spence it wouldn't hit the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              It is a mainstream sport. It's not mens volleyball or something like that.

And that was only mentioned because of Connor. If De La Hoya called out Spence it wouldn't hit the radar.
              Its not. Who are they going to talk about that the average viewer will know?

And you just sort of answered your own question. If he did talk about Spence, they wouldn't have covered it.

Boxing isn't a main stream sport.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Somebody needs to take a knee or something
                Sad but true

Comment

I used to like watching firsttake and undisputed but them dudes have left the realm of sports and became social justice warrior like you said. Stay in your lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Its not. Who are they going to talk about that the average viewer will know?

And you just sort of answered your own question. If he did talk about Spence, they wouldn't have covered it.

Boxing isn't a main stream sport.
                    So you're telling me a sport that comes on as many stations as College Football isn't a mainstream sport?

Comment

Working...
                    X