Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - Garcia-Guerrero: Two Tests Half-Passed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: "Fighting Words" - Garcia-Guerrero: Two Tests Half-Passed

by David P. Greisman - A fight alone is enough motivation. It is a challenge, and a potentially dangerous one at that, to stand in with another person intent on hurting you and often capable of succeeding, especially if you’re not properly prepared. It is an opportunity, with nearly every victory and many valiant defeats leading to more fights, more money, more attention.
    [Click Here To Read More]

really boxing today is so water down. I mean like 4 major tile in each weight class. and the WBA has that thing called super champ so like 5 ways to win a title in each weight class. so the skill level it take to become and stay a so call champ has when down. Plus 12 rounds not 15 making the weight the day before this also water it down even more. so with all this. so just look at what you get today. also less fighter and more titles to be won. this why very few people can fight.

Comment

I don't think the ghost is a gate keeper yet he comes to fight and will beat basically any up and coming prospect whose never been in a war but he seems to leave his game plan something like what Bradley has been doing until atlas trained him the ghost needs a new trainer but he would have never beaten Garcia anyway he is a complete fighter all around and he showed it in this fight

Comment

dAnny needs a new trainer also.

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        I don't think the ghost is a gate keeper yet he comes to fight and will beat basically any up and coming prospect whose never been in a war but he seems to leave his game plan something like what Bradley has been doing until atlas trained him the ghost needs a new trainer but he would have never beaten Garcia anyway he is a complete fighter all around and he showed it in this fight

Comment

The ghost just needs to go down, he doesn't look like a welterweight, he looks soft.

Comment

Good article. Guerrero needs to take a step down from the top fighters and Garcia needs to take a step up.

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
            The ghost just needs to go down, he doesn't look like a welterweight, he looks soft.
            He looked like he was in better physical shape against Thurman imo. Wonder what changed.

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
              dAnny needs a new trainer also.
              I agree with Piojo del Norte - Garcia is talented but seems to have hit a wall in his development and may need a new trainer to get the most out of his ability.
              That said, I still think if he lands those quick pot shots on Thurman he'll get a stoppage. Thurman's durability is nowhere near that of the ultra tough Guerrero. Aside from the biggest stars, Guys like ex-champ Porter and hard charging Sammy Vazquez can give Garcia lots of trouble at 147 though.

Comment

The writer wants us to believe that making this a title fight somehow brought prestige to a bull**** matchup. Guerrero has lost 3 of his last 5 as a WW. Nobody doubts Robert`s heart but there`s no way the man deserved a title fight.
                Danny Garcia has taken a page from FM and is protecting his undefeated record by cherry picking opponents. Danny has failed to impress since his war with Lucas Mathysse.
                Saturday night`s fight had its moments but skill wise it left a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                  The writer wants us to believe that making this a title fight somehow brought prestige to a bull**** matchup. Guerrero has lost 3 of his last 5 as a WW. Nobody doubts Robert`s heart but there`s no way the man deserved a title fight.
                  Danny Garcia has taken a page from FM and is protecting his undefeated record by cherry picking opponents. Danny has failed to impress since his war with Lucas Mathysse.
                  Saturday night`s fight had its moments but skill wise it left a lot to be desired.
                  I think your hating. Only because it sound like your a PBC hater. I think that was a really good fight! It was 2 known names which they both had something to lose and also something to win. So in that case, this was a very meaningful fight and they didn't disappoint. What meaningful fights does HBO have coming up? Pac vs Bradley? Crawford? Kovalev vs Pascal? Nope, but we already know we got Thurman vs Porter coming up. Stop being a political fan and just be a fan of boxing then you can look at fights unbiased and enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Unsuspected View Post
                    I agree with Piojo del Norte - Garcia is talented but seems to have hit a wall in his development and may need a new trainer to get the most out of his ability.
                    That said, I still think if he lands those quick pot shots on Thurman he'll get a stoppage. Thurman's durability is nowhere near that of the ultra tough Guerrero. Aside from the biggest stars, Guys like ex-champ Porter and hard charging Sammy Vazquez can give Garcia lots of trouble at 147 though.
                    Thurman isn't going to just walk into shots like Guerrero. He'll be shooting quick shots himself with more power them than Garcia's. If anything, I'd say there's a better chance of Thurman stopping Garcia (or at least, knock him down).

Comment

Working...
                    X