No announcement yet.

I Think It's Time to Drop the P4P Mythical Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think It's Time to Drop the P4P Mythical Title

And yes, I'm happy to say this on the very day Ward gets bumped up based on a fight he didn't win just because RG lost.

All that aside, we're talking about a title that can't be won inside the ring unless circumstances happen to pan out. RG got it because Mayweather retired. Ward won it because RG lost. How do you even claim a victory in that?

It's all BS and can never be proven. It's as bad as mythical match-ups. You can talk about them from now but no one will ever know. It's useless.

P4P is a marketing scam to trick people into caring about the 849th best boxer in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
      P4P is a marketing scam to trick people into caring about the 849th best boxer in the world.
      See, this is what I've been thinking. With all the titles and divisions, they knew they'd have to do this. It's just a trick, like you say.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        See, this is what I've been thinking. With all the titles and divisions, they knew they'd have to do this. It's just a trick, like you say.
        think about it, when roman gonzalez was "#1," how many fighters on the planet would have beat him? 500? 1,000?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          And yes, I'm happy to say this on the very day Ward gets bumped up based on a fight he didn't win just because RG lost.

All that aside, we're talking about a title that can't be won inside the ring unless circumstances happen to pan out. RG got it because Mayweather retired. Ward won it because RG lost. How do you even claim a victory in that?

It's all BS and can never be proven. It's as bad as mythical match-ups. You can talk about them from now but no one will ever know. It's useless.
          While meaningless and highly subjective...it's a way of comparing fighters from different weight classes, some who can never fight eachother. The number 1 spot can be overtaken...it's not always cuz another fighter loses...even tho in this case chocolatito didn't really lose.

Comment

think about it, when roman gonzalez was "#1," how many fighters on the planet would have beat him? 500? 1,000?
            That's irrelevant. The best high school football team doesnt play against NFL teams. Its all about being the best in the division one is in.

Some clumsy idiot, 25th ranked, 300 lb. HW would probably beat Manny or Floyd. That doesnt mean he's a better Boxer than them. Its a different division, apples to oranges.
            Last edited by HAMMER77777; 03-22-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              While meaningless and highly subjective...it's a way of comparing fighters from different weight classes, some who can never fight eachother. The number 1 spot can be overtaken...it's not always cuz another fighter loses...even tho in this case chocolatito didn't really lose.
              ^Exactly this.

Comment

Haha. So very true.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                  I haven't seen the fight yet, but that's what I've been hearing. Well, my point is that it can never be proven. I get the argument.

Comment

Román never was the P4P, never.

Without Floyd or Manny, that title was vacated and still vacated actually.

There is a group of fighters that are fighting to be the P4P but nothing is clear actually.

And please, use the brain, Gonzalez never was the number one.

Comment

Working...
                    X