No announcement yet.

Broner vs Rees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    I got Broner at 5"7 (according to boxrec) and Rees at 5"4 (according to wikipedia), how authentic they are i have no idea.

I think the size difference will be noticeable in the ring despite Rees having fought at a higher weight... we will know better when they do face to face stuff though
    We'll see. Boxrec has Rees at 5-7 although he does appear shorter than that.

Also Broner is still very young so weight issues are not as much as an issue yet.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
      It's not great logic but hardly terrible. Look at Bute v Froch.

You're right in that we have no idea how well Rees will travel though.
      Broner is a few leagues above Rees imo,i don't like the guy but he wins this fight wherever its held

That said i hope Rees gives it his all and it isn't like Pavlik/Lockett all over again

Comment

You could think anyway you want to I could care less! My experience with British fighters who only fight in England is that their not "road worthy" and get lost on the way to the ring. we have a place in the States called Oklahoma. The fighters who fight their first 20 to 25 fights there don't do well when they venture out! Ofcourse most of the fighters there are bred to be "opponents" in England their bred to be.............British Champs? Ray.

Comment

Here's the face to face video & it does appear that Broner has about 3 inches height on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqhcE3tGof8

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            You could think anyway you want to I could care less! My experience with British fighters who only fight in England is that their not "road worthy" and get lost on the way to the ring. we have a place in the States called Oklahoma. The fighters who fight their first 20 to 25 fights there don't do well when they venture out! Ofcourse most of the fighters there are bred to be "opponents" in England their bred to be.............British Champs? Ray.
            Ye i know you hate on all British fighters,thats why i called you out and made you look ridiculous

Now fuck off you stupid old cunt

Comment

Ray, he's Welsh, not English. And before you say "It's the same thing" DON'T - you'll just be stamped as an ignorant Yank (which you are probably not).

Although you did say "could care less" you muppet!

It's probably best if you quietly back away from this thread. There's no looking good for you. I know you know boxing but your comments here don't make you look great.

And I mean that respectfully.

Comment

He's a very small guy for the weight class, can't be more than 5'4". Broner is 5'7" tops!
                He won't even look at Broner and he looks nerves, looking down to the floor at a public event thats featuring YOU is not a good sign. Tis is his boiggest fight and some nerves are acceptable but that posture and lack of eye contact is not a good sign! Maybe he's a shy fellow? Ray.

I'm talking about geographics NOT cultures!

Comment

He's a very small guy for the weight class, can't be more than 5'4". Broner is 5'7" tops!
                  He won't even look at Broner and he looks nerves, looking down to the floor at a public event thats featuring YOU is not a good sign. Tis is his boiggest fight and some nerves are acceptable but that posture and lack of eye contact is not a good sign! Maybe he's a shy fellow? Ray.

When Lloyd Honeyghan fought Don Curry he REFUSED to look into Currys eyes at any point.... until they met in the ring.

Never be fooled by pre game rituals.

And learn how to say "Couldn't care less". You'll never be taken seriously until you do.

Comment

I think that Rees will lose handily, but he is a solid experienced pro. He might not be well traveled but i doubt he gets intimidated by Broner or the situation. If he loses it will be because he of Broners size and skill imo

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      I think that Rees will lose handily, but he is a solid experienced pro. He might not be well traveled but i doubt he gets intimidated by Broner or the situation. If he loses it will be because he of Broners size and skill imo
                      I will be SHOCKED if he lasts the distance (& no disrespect to Rees) but if he does you can be sure than some will be claiming robbery - no matter how close it is......

Comment

Working...
                      X