No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas' comeback?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernando Vargas' comeback?

He supposedly was training with Floyd Sr. and was signed up to fight Henry Buchanan. Then it was postponed with a Vargas injury and never heard from again. Anybody ever hear anything?

i remember hearing that aswell. LONG ASS TIME AGO tho...

09?

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
      i remember hearing that aswell. LONG ASS TIME AGO tho...

09?
      Was it 09? Thought it was more recent than that. I thought it was scheduled for July 2011 before it got cancelled. Could be wrong.

Comment

I thought Vargas is battling with Abodega tacos and Birrias. I heard he is losing now.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=6069822

Like a month later he withdrew due to illness. Haven't heard anything since though.

Comment

He had some other issues involving his family and money that made headlines on boxingscene the past year. I assume the reason we haven't seen him back yet is because he hasn't been able to get anywhere near 160lbs.

The guy has money problems, so I bet he'll come back sooner or later. They always do.

Comment

He had some other issues involving his family and money that made headlines on boxingscene the past year. I assume the reason we haven't seen him back yet is because he hasn't been able to get anywhere near 160lbs.

The guy has money problems, so I bet he'll come back sooner or later. They always do.

Comment

I can't see Vargas winning a title at this point in his career, but it's his choice, I wish him luck.

Comment

Everyone should go to Fernando Vargas' website and let him know how awesome the layout it.

Comment

Bumping an old thread. Any idea why This Fight never happened?

Comment

Working...
                    X