Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zsolt Erdei G.O.A.T? Retires undefeated, greatest resume in decades

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't the ring rate him in their annual review as the most protected fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Meth-TICAL View Post
      Didn't the ring rate him in their annual review as the most protected fighter?
      I don't know how they define "protected".

Erdei's own promotor forced him to give up his 175lb title so that it could be fought for by a much more profitable German fighter from the same stable (BRaehmer).

He then had to fight for the Cruiserweight title even though he was a small LHW and he gave up nearly 20 lbs and still beat Giacobbe Fragomeni, a guy who gave David Haye a hell of a fight.

At this point his promotor has already made it clear that he is only a secondary interest to them, it's hardly likely they are out there working to get him a big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
        My top 5 ATG:

1. Sven Ottke
        2. Zsolt Erdei
        3. Joe Calzaghe
        4. Saul Alvarez
        5. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Record: i don't know but it sure ain't got a loss on it 100% win ratio.

Elie Seckbach's top 5 P4P

1. Yuri Foreman
        2. Dimitry Salita
        3. Manny Pacquiao
        You forgot Floyd Mayweather Jr.

He's fought mostly boxers from smaller weight divisions (Marquez) or older past-primers (Mosley age 38).

Comment

I have come around on Zsolt a little, the guy is naturally a SMW. I would say he is smaller than Pavlik for sure, he remained an unbeaten champion at LHW and even won a CW title from a defending champion.

He is not the best out there and didn't fight the best comp but if he retires, congrats on a pretty good career.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
            Is he really retiring?

Damn. 31-0 yet he fought NOBODY. I hate "champions" like that
            agree.. and the list goes on.. Floyd
            Last edited by tanibanana; 05-13-2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

he'll come back in 2 years and fight manny pacquiao at 170

Comment

lol!
                I actually really hate this guy

Comment

Some people can't help but to live on Mayweather's every word.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Well sort of.

Unbeaten former two-division world champion Zsolt Erdei (31-0, 17 KOs) reportedly announced his retirement – then hours later stated he was misquoted and is open to continuing his career if he receives an appropriate offer. After competing in the 2000 Olympics, Erdei won the WBO light heavyweight belt in 2004 and defended 11 times. He last fought in November, winning the WBC cruiserweight belt, which he later vacated. Erdei’s contract with Universum Box-Promotion expires at the end of June. He will turn 36 years of age later this month. Hat tip to Hungarian monokli.com.

Erdei is actually a very good fighter.

I know he didn't take risks but you can say that about 95% of the posters in their lives.

I've watched him probably 5 times and he was pretty skillful.

Comment

Working...
                    X