Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salvador Sánchez:Which fights would you recommend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
    Marco Antonio Barrera the great Mexican fighter said he felt that Sanchez was techinicall better than Chavez.

Many have said he wouldn't be able to move up in weight which is preposterous. He beat Gomez and was better than Gomez, yet Gomez did eventually become a three weight class champ, i think with the modern paper belt system it is very likely that Sanchez could have won titles Super Feather and Lightweight.
    "Techinicall" better than Chavez? Don't think so!!! Sanchez bearly beat Lopez, Laporte, Nelson, and GOMEZ, who was fighting above his weight class, and CAME-IN OVERWEIGHT for the bout with Sanchez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
      "Techinicall" better than Chavez? Don't think so!!! Sanchez bearly beat Lopez, Laporte, Nelson, and GOMEZ, who was fighting above his weight class, and CAME-IN OVERWEIGHT for the bout with Sanchez!!!
      Use those caps against Barrera who made that comment. Also take a deep breath.

I have over 60 fights of Chavez and have seen all the Sanchez fights available. He barely beat Gomez??? He almost knocked Gomez out in the first round and never got really hurt in that fight. How many times was Sanchez knocked down in those fights you mention that he barely won?

If you want go by barely. First of all, Laporte beat Chavez IMHO, Chavez had a point deducted and could have had another pointe deducted in RD 12 for hitting below the belt. I saw Laporte have the ring generalship. He barely beat Lockridge and we all know what happened with 2 seconds left in the first taylor fight. We are taking techinicall skills also, not about barely beat and who they beat. Chavez had a DQ early in his career that was changed by a Mexican commission that included people associated with Chavez. Also do u think Whitaker would have done to Sanchez what he did to Chavez?

Foot work- Sanchez
      Hand Speed- Sanchez
      Chin- Chavez-barely
      Power- Chavez
      Defense- Even- they had different type of defenses.
      Ring generalship- Sanchez

I think Techinically they are close. Chavez was better on the inside defense and Sanchez at the outside, but its close.

Sanchez died at 23, he would have been a 3 weight class champ with the paper weight champs and all the title belts. I mean even Gomez a guy he knocked out became a 3 weight class champion.

We must go what happened, and Chavez is the more accomplished fighter
      and is higher on the all time list. But Barrera a fighter who has fought for a living is entitled to his opinion, if you are still angry go write him a letter.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
        I recommend highly his fights with Juan Laporte and Ruben Castillo. Laporte i felt won most of the early rounds but Sanchez came back to win. But it was great action. Laporte as i mentioned in another thread was a game fighter who i felt beat Chavez in a close fight but lost the decision.

Castillo was i thought a closer fight than his SD win over Cowdell. Castillo i felt gave him a tough challenge and the fight was much closer than the actual scorecards. But the Cowdell fight is also worth watching.

There is also his memorable fight with a young Azumah Nelson at Madison Square Garden, which turn out to be his last fight.

Than you have the two fights with Danny Little Red Lopez. There are only about 19 Sanchez fights available in film, but i think most of them are available in YT or other sites.
        Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I have just watched Sanchez-Nelson, a great fight. I don't think Nelson was ready for Sanchez at the point in his career though, but he fought with a lot of heart and I hope held his head up high after his performance. Shame he got stopped in the last round after such a valiant effort though

Comment

Working...
        X