Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agendas running wild on here lately

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no fighter deserves the P4P NO#1 tag at the moment. In the next 12 months one of the following will hopefully rise to the top:

Anthony Joshua (if he fights and beats Wilder next year~)
    Mikey Garcia (If he clears up at 135 with Linares and moves on to 140)
    Lomachenko (if he beats Rigo then beats Tank)
    Crawford (If he steps up his opposition and beats any of Porter, Thurman, Spence, Danny Garcia)
    Chocolatito (If he comes back and beats Yafai then avenges loss to Rungsivai - highly unlikely)

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Go look at those first 3 rounds vs Canelo. Thats not how the #1 P4P guy in the world ever looks while being #1 P4P. And not to not give GGG respect for his performance overall & him getting in the fight for most of the fight, but idk that GGG or Canelo are #1 P4P is maybe my first problem with what you are randomly making a thread about.
      But the first 3 rounds of Kovalev-Ward I for example are?

I don't think GGG is the best pound for pound but that's a poor reason to define his ranking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        It seems you're asking Crawford to do something in his 3rd weight class that Golovkin has failed to do in his 1st.

Crawford, 2 lineal titles. Golovkin, 0 lineal titles.
        Crawford, 1 undisputed title. Golovkin, 0 undisputed titles.

Crawford > Golovkin
        I agree that Crawford is the better fighter, but that's based on his overall qualities than resume. I think Lemieux, Jacobs, Canelo (that's a win like Whitaker over Chavez) are better wins than what Crawford has and Crawford's divisions were much easier to unify than 160 where it was a lot more difficult getting certain guys in the ring.

Like, Mayweather or Pacquaio never became undisputed but Vernon Forrest, Ricardo Mayorga, Cory Spinks, Jermain Taylor did but they are a million miles apart.

I have no problem with GGG as someone's choice as #1, but I personally have him #3 because my criteria is resume based but more so who I feel is the better, more complete fighter and the one I feel going forward is likely to do more. That is Crawford and Lomachenko for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K View Post
          When he grows some balls and steps up
          Crawford has done nothing but step up.

Last minute replacement came in and schooled Prescott.

Went to Scotland and dominated in a title win.

Faced Gamboa at a time when folks where high on him.

Beltran was the #2 guy in the division.

Unification with Postol when fools where convinced he'd avoid Postol like Danny Garcia did.

Now immediately after unifying all 4 titles with a part unified champion he's moving up and going directly to a title shot.

He's stepped up time after time, it's not his fault he was the size he is and who was in the divisions. But he's moving up.

Spence has one "step up" fight and that's against a guy who was coming off a crushing loss when he got his face ruined and was killing himself making weight. On paper one could say that was a nice little cherry pick. Crawford would school Spence for most of the fight but there's danger given Spence's size advantage, punching accuracy and power but I'd favor Bud heavily in that match. He's a smart fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K View Post
            Like he hasn't been ducking Spence he deflects every time they ask him about Spence
            Apparently you don't have YouTube. And you only like Spence because he ****ed Brook up lmao.

Comment

• Isn't the P4P list ranked by comparing a fighter's skills/achievement relative to the weight classes around them? It has pound twice for a reason.

Why do people ignore the fact that Canelo moved up 3 weight classes? Is that not a HUGE achievement or relative to the P4P rankings at all, or greater than anything ggg has achieved? His 1st fight against someone that was actively fighting at 160 was ggg of all people.

ggg has proven to be a good fighter, but not P4P #1. That's reserved for fighters that have taken the biggest risks.
              Last edited by Cutthroat; 10-05-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
                no fighter deserves the P4P NO#1 tag at the moment. In the next 12 months one of the following will hopefully rise to the top:

Anthony Joshua (if he fights and beats Wilder next year~)
                Mikey Garcia (If he clears up at 135 with Linares and moves on to 140)
                Lomachenko (if he beats Rigo then beats Tank)
                Crawford (If he steps up his opposition and beats any of Porter, Thurman, Spence, Danny Garcia)
                Chocolatito (If he comes back and beats Yafai then avenges loss to Rungsivai - highly unlikely)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Isn't the P4P list ranked by comparing a fighter's skills/achievement relative to the weight classes around them? It has pound twice for a reason.

Why do people ignore the fact that Canelo moved up 3 weight classes? Is that not a HUGE achievement or relative to the P4P rankings at all, or greater than anything ggg has achieved? His 1st fight against someone that was actively fighting at 160 was ggg of all people.

ggg has proven to be a good fighter, but not P4P #1. That's reserved for fighters that have taken the biggest risks.
                  He turned pro at, what 15? The 3 weight classes thing is a bit useless.

Pacquaio turned pro at straweight. Did he move up 10 weight classes to fight Floyd (in Floyd's signature win)? No doubt he was the much smaller man since his best wins were at 130, but I have a hard time justifying your opinion that he moved up 10 weight classes to welterweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    Apparently you don't have YouTube. And you only like Spence because he ****ed Brook up lmao.
                    I been a Spence fan for 3 years now and yeah go on YouTube he calls Thurman out wants no parts of Spence

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      Isn't the P4P list ranked by comparing a fighter's skills/achievement relative to the weight classes around them? It has pound twice for a reason.

You get credit for beating the guys that you beat, sure, but I'm not sure you should get extra credit just for like... growing up.

Comment

Working...
                      X