Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jez Wilson Handed Two-Year Ban, Tests Positive For Furosemide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to agree to disagree there. At 36-years-old and 2 stoppage defeats in three fights. The length of the ban is just a nod to tell him to stop. Something he should have been considering anyway, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Got to agree to disagree there. At 36-years-old and 2 stoppage defeats in three fights. The length of the ban is just a nod to tell him to stop. Something he should have been considering anyway, IMO.
      All considered, you're probably right. I'm specially concerned with the UK commission not taking all things into consideration in general. It's basically minimum sentencing, and this would of been the outcome regardless of the age/record.

This is my understanding of how the UK does things.

Comment

Agree - my opinion would probably change if it was a younger fighter with more upside. Boxing is big here now and I don't want anything to damage it. It stick a pin in the balloon when someone gets seriously hurt in the UK. Badly affects the sport. It is why terrestrial channels still don't like getting involved in boxing due to Eubank/Watson an others.

Comment

Touché
          . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I like how the UK doesn't eff around with PED abusers. This cat gets 2yrs on his first offense. Meanwhile Tarver in the US gets busted a 2nd time & gets a 6mo suspension. I'm more pro-PEDs than virtually anyone not trolling, but the reality is if you are going hard on PEDs you need to actually go hard on guys who get caught using PEDs & there are very small sections of the boxing world talking them seriously in any way & I think the UK is doing a better job than most.
            The US can't have a system like that because for the most part, boxing comes under purview the State control. Since States have the right to regulate these kinds of athletic contests, it's isn't at all odd that you will get 50 different sets of rules and regulstions. I guess the US government can step in if they saw fit, but they are too busy finding ways not to do **** as it is. L

Comment

Originally posted by Zenkai View Post
              If only they kept their no non-sense attitude to PEDS. A diuretic is not a performance enhancing drug, and a 2-year ban from him working his craft is not in anyway beneficial.
              Im no expert on this, but from what ive seen diuretics are used as a way to mask steroid/other ped use. Also in boxing it can allow you to squeeze down to weightclasses you wouldnt be able to normally.

They are banned for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                Damn for a duretic he gets 2 years. Imagine if Margarito got caught in the UK. They would have stoned him to death.
                lasix allows the fighter to shed water and make a weight limit he probably would not be able to make without it.

it's cheating and it should be banned; 2 years for diuretic (first offence) is reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Im no expert on this, but from what ive seen diuretics are used as a way to mask steroid/other ped use. Also in boxing it can allow you to squeeze down to weightclasses you wouldnt be able to normally.

Exactly . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

ok, i think i have heard something about them potentially masking true PEDs.

Diuretics to make weight is NOT enhancing anyones performancelol, on the contrary..

Comment

Originally posted by Zenkai View Post
                      ok, i think i have heard something about them potentially masking true PEDs.

Diuretics to make weight is NOT enhancing anyones performancelol, on the contrary..
                      You don't thinks its an advantage to be massive compared to your opponent?

Can i recommend you watch JCCjr vs Andy Lee?

Comment

Working...
                      X