Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jez Wilson Handed Two-Year Ban, Tests Positive For Furosemide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jez Wilson Handed Two-Year Ban, Tests Positive For Furosemide

Jez Wilson has been banned from all sport for two years after failing a drugs test.

The Sheffield-based middleweight has a record of 12-3-1 with seven stoppages.

Wilson was handed the sanction by the UK Anti-Doping Agency after it was revealed that he had tested positive for the diuretic Furosemide in the aftermath of his last fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn for a duretic he gets 2 years. Imagine if Margarito got caught in the UK. They would have stoned him to death.

Comment

There are a lot of potential side effects with Fruso.

Seems like the polar opposite of a PED to me. Water pills surely can only really serve to throw the electrolytes of a healthy individual completely out of whack. Seems like a decent way of becoming dehydrated to me and ruining his kidneys.

This ban makes sense to me, really. For his own sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
        Damn for a duretic he gets 2 years. Imagine if Margarito got caught in the UK. They would have stoned him to death.
        Hahahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          There are a lot of potential side effects with Fruso.

Seems like the polar opposite of a PED to me. Water pills surely can only really serve to throw the electrolytes of a healthy individual completely out of whack. Seems like a decent way of becoming dehydrated to me and ruining his kidneys.

This ban makes sense to me, really. For his own sake.
          No, maybe rehab or some form of education on the dangers; But taking away a man's occupation/craft for 2 years is definitely too steep, and I'm not even going to compare this to other cases in the sport

Comment

I like how the UK doesn't eff around with PED abusers. This cat gets 2yrs on his first offense. Meanwhile Tarver in the US gets busted a 2nd time & gets a 6mo suspension. I'm more pro-PEDs than virtually anyone not trolling, but the reality is if you are going hard on PEDs you need to actually go hard on guys who get caught using PEDs & there are very small sections of the boxing world talking them seriously in any way & I think the UK is doing a better job than most.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I like how the UK doesn't eff around with PED abusers. This cat gets 2yrs on his first offense. Meanwhile Tarver in the US gets busted a 2nd time & gets a 6mo suspension. I'm more pro-PEDs than virtually anyone not trolling, but the reality is if you are going hard on PEDs you need to actually go hard on guys who get caught using PEDs & there are very small sections of the boxing world talking them seriously in any way & I think the UK is doing a better job than most.
              If only they kept their no non-sense attitude to PEDS. A diuretic is not a performance enhancing drug, and a 2-year ban from him working his craft is not in anyway beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenkai View Post
                If only they kept their no non-sense attitude to PEDS. A diuretic is not a performance enhancing drug, and a 2-year ban from him working his craft is not in anyway beneficial.
                I agree with this. I think the whole banned substance list should be restructured to a more logical list based on the "cheating" level or edge given of the substances.

Things being as they are today (ie highly flawed) I still appreciate the hard stance on guys caught in the UK. Practice what you preach. In the US there is hard talk about PEDs/banned substances, but everyone is looking the other way when something goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenkai View Post
                  No, maybe rehab or some form of education on the dangers; But taking away a man's occupation/craft for 2 years is definitely too steep, and I'm not even going to compare this to other cases in the sport
                  Better than being seriously injured though, IMO.

This guy should do something else. Life is too short. If he was taking such drastic steps he must feel that needs to just to compete at the level he is - which is a decent level albeit I doubt he earns what he probably would if he had full time job somewhere.

Obviously I don't know him but for some reason it is these kind of drugs that bother me particularly. Nobody wants to see a sitting duck in there. It is just as bad as seeing a guy jacked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I agree with this. I think the whole banned substance list should be restructured to a more logical list based on the "cheating" level or edge given of the substances.

Things being as they are today (ie highly flawed) I still appreciate the hard stance on guys caught in the UK. Practice what you preach. In the US there is hard talk about PEDs/banned substances, but everyone is looking the other way when something goes down.
                    For sure on the list improvements, but I can't appreciate them banning a guy from his job for 2-years because of this. All or nothing; I don't like that approach, and it seems just as unjust as some issues/instances/cases outside of the UK.

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Better than being seriously injured though, IMO.

This guy should do something else. Life is too short. If he was taking such drastic steps he must feel that needs to just to compete at the level he is - which is a decent level albeit I doubt he earns what he probably would if he had full time job somewhere.

Obviously I don't know him but for some reason it is these kind of drugs that bother me particularly. Nobody wants to see a sitting duck in there. It is just as bad as seeing a guy jacked up.
                    Just banning the man for 2-years is not better. Education would be better. He probably isn't fully aware of the dangers and has just been taught the ''benefits''. Nothing is stopping him from doing this when he is older and can finally work again. This is absurd. Instead of actually learning, him and those observing will just take better precautions to going undetected.

Comment

Working...
                    X