Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye releases fitness DVD. LOL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celeb in the jungle, this....I think Haye may be broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      It requires big investments though and there's too much competition, the market is already saturated. Hardcore boxing fans wouldn't buy that gear because it wouldn't be of the same quality as established brands like everlast, grant, reyes, winning or ringside. And casual fans would be put off by the price, if they can get a $20 glove they're not gonna pay double just because it says "Pacman" or "Money May" on it.
      I see your point, but I have to disagree. Established brands are good and people will buy them, but if the right boxers bring a good product to the market, people will be willing to give it a shot if it's good. I mean, why do kids buy Jordans? They're hella expensive compared to the other brands/styles but people still buy them like crazy. Jordan's name recognition and the prestige that comes along with owning a pair make people buy. And of course the shoes look good. The same with Dr. Dre Beats headphones. They're dozens of headphone makers in the market but Dre brought his own endorsed product to the market (which is credible due to his work as a producer) and succeeded. But one thing about both men is they got with established companies to help them launch their product. Jordan with Nike and Dre with Monster Cable.

If a boxing star like Pac links up with Grant, Reyes, or Everlast to come out with his own edition of boxing gloves that could be a big hit. If anything they could always try a limited edition trial run to see how they sell and if they're a hit, branch out into more. If not, move on and try other things. But I like the idea of boxers entering into business ventures that stem from their passion of the sport. It's something their knowledgeable about and can have moderate to overwhelming success in if they execute it properly.

Comment

I hope he's not broke. Don't his video game apps sell well?

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
          doubt it, he never came across as someone who spends a whole lot of money and he sure made alot. i think its just about staying relevant, the man loves the spotlight like few fighters i ever seen. he won miss a chance to pop his shirt off in front of a camera.

but it acctually makes sense for fighters to make exercise videos, now that i think about it i wonder why more ppl havent done it. and the TV thing is right up his alley, lots of camera time there and reaching an even bigger audience than he did as a fighter.
          Last edited by #1Assassin; 12-11-2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Seriously, seriously doubt it.

He is very intelligent, has a very good business mind and he simply knows how to sell things...why not make some easy money on the side?

Comment

nothing like oscar

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Seriously, seriously doubt it.

He is very intelligent, has a very good business mind and he simply knows how to sell things...why not make some easy money on the side?
                Agree he's not a stupid person, but I do think he does blow cash at a pretty fast rate and needs a lot of income to maintain his lifestyle. Could also be he just wants to stay relevant for a Klitschko fight, but the jungle thing AND this made me suspicious.

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                but it acctually makes sense for fighters to make exercise videos, now that i think about it i wonder why more ppl havent done it. and the TV thing is right up his alley, lots of camera time there and reaching an even bigger audience than he did as a fighter.
                If I recall correctly Roy is also involved in an excercise/nutrition thing. Guess why.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Apparently the whole DVD is 100 minutes long. That's a lot of content.
                  Lol a 100 minutes? I hope it includes information on what to do if you break your toe.

Comment

Agree he's not a stupid person, but I do think he does blow cash at a pretty fast rate and needs a lot of income to maintain his lifestyle. Could also be he just wants to stay relevant for a Klitschko fight, but the jungle thing AND this made me suspicious.
                    He says otherwise.

In his book and in some other places he has said the only thing he really spends on is food. The cars he has were mostly gifts gievn to him, clothes are given to him...he listed those as perks of being a well known boxer actually.

I think he's simply building his name to non-boxing fans. There's a reason he held off on the DVD until after the jungle thing....build your name to the mainstream then release a DVD right around christmas; smart business sense. Then they also know you when another fight rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
                      i still like Steiners work out better

Lol this shit is funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X