No announcement yet.

Heavyweight fights I want in 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavyweight fights I want in 2019

Wilder vs Joshua - For all the belts. Both massive punchers, will be very exciting for how long it lasts. My prediction is Wilder by KO as I think when he unleashes that Joshua (who doesn't have the greatest backwards movement, will struggle to get out the way. 60-40 Wilder.

Fury vs The winner of Wilder vs Joshua - This would be later in the year and after Fury has another fight (listed below) And assuming Wilder vs Joshua didn't have to rematch immediately (unlikely I know, but this is my list) I see Fury outboxing and beating either. The fights will be tough, but I consider Fury the number 1 in the division. 70-30 Fury

Fury vs Dillian Whyte - Assuming Wilder vs Joshua was made, I think this would satisfy both Fury and Whyte. If Whyte feels that he's the best, then he has to forget about belts and just fight the best guys he can, and they don't come any better in this division than Tyson Fury. Whyte's left hook poses a problem for anyone, but I see Fury winning quite wide, but in a very good fight. 90-10 Fury

Miller vs Ortiz - This would be a great fight and give us answers on both guys. Ortiz is more skilled, but Miller is a lot younger and is massive, yet fast. Would be a very exciting fight. 50-50.

David Price vs anyone - I just find David Price's fights to be absolutely hilarious. He always finds new and exciting ways to get knocked yet, yet he still also carries a threat as he has a huge right hand.

There's many more great fights I could list, but these are at the top of the pile for me.

Joshua displayed some good backwards movement in his fight against parker....
    he dictated distance well, tied up when necessary against an opponent arguably stronger and more bullish than wilder and when parker came forward joshua did well in getting out of the range. joshua was on many occasion already stepping back as soon as he saw parkers lateral movement and wind ups. wilder might aswell put up a billboard to tell you when hes going to throw.

wilder has phenomenal punching power, but if you think AJ cant tie up 215 lbs when he did perfectly fine rooting parker to the spot in tie ups then i dont know what to tell you.

every single time wilder has "unleashed" it has been against opposition too planted or too technically deficient to utilise evasive movement. Fury went down purely because his awkward style vs wilders equally wild punching angles allowed the catch and even in the 12th he rode with the left. After 12 rounds at that weight with the movement and stamina he had displayed for the fight, i think fury did fantastically.

i would be extremely disappointed in joshua if his olympic and team GB training, coupled with what hes learnt in his pro fights meant he got tagged by looping rights when the man throwing them leaves his entire front open for the taking.

looking at ortiz being rooted to the spot, and how open wilder makes himself when he started throwing, i can only see joshua stepping in and planting one right through the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      Joshua displayed some good backwards movement in his fight against parker....
      he dictated distance well, tied up when necessary against an opponent arguably stronger and more bullish than wilder and when parker came forward joshua did well in getting out of the range. joshua was on many occasion already stepping back as soon as he saw parkers lateral movement and wind ups. wilder might aswell put up a billboard to tell you when hes going to throw.

wilder has phenomenal punching power, but if you think AJ cant tie up 215 lbs when he did perfectly fine rooting parker to the spot in tie ups then i dont know what to tell you.

every single time wilder has "unleashed" it has been against opposition too planted or too technically deficient to utilise evasive movement. Fury went down purely because his awkward style vs wilders equally wild punching angles allowed the catch and even in the 12th he rode with the left. After 12 rounds at that weight with the movement and stamina he had displayed for the fight, i think fury did fantastically.

i would be extremely disappointed in joshua if his olympic and team GB training, coupled with what hes learnt in his pro fights meant he got tagged by looping rights when the man throwing them leaves his entire front open for the taking.

looking at ortiz being rooted to the spot, and how open wilder makes himself when he started throwing, i can only see joshua stepping in and planting one right through the middle.

When I say Wilder will catch him, it'll be when they trade blow for blow. I think Joshua will get involved in a war here, unlike the Parker fight (which was an absolute bore). Just like Whyte vs Joshua, Joshua got hit plenty of times there, and even Povetkin, when he was being very predictable with his shots (which are much slower than Wilder's) He was still landing some good, hurtful shots.

Comment

Those are all great match ups. The heavyweight division is becoming great again after so many years of boredom.

Comment

Originally posted by cally83 View Post
          When I say Wilder will catch him, it'll be when they trade blow for blow. I think Joshua will get involved in a war here, unlike the Parker fight (which was an absolute bore). Just like Whyte vs Joshua, Joshua got hit plenty of times there, and even Povetkin, when he was being very predictable with his shots (which are much slower than Wilder's) He was still landing some good, hurtful shots.
          so youre saying you think wilder has a better punch resistance than the other heavyweights joshua has faced?

bold prediction.

Comment

I want to see joyce knock out that old overhyped cuban

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
              so youre saying you think wilder has a better punch resistance than the other heavyweights joshua has faced?

bold prediction.
              I think he has underrated punch resistance, and also heart to ride out the storm. I'd put him similar to Joshua in both. Even though I consider Joshua the technically superior of the two, when I imagine the fight playing out, I slightly favor Wilder. I like watching both and will enjoy the fight immensely if made.

Comment

So many great fights to be made even if we don't see the big 3 square off. Only Kownacki is booked at the minute.

Comment

I don't get why anyone wouldn't want Wilder vs Fury 2 immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                    I don't get why anyone wouldn't want Wilder vs Fury 2 immediately.
                    I get your point, but I feel if Fury wins the rematch, Joshua vs Wilder wouldn't be as big. With Wilder technically still being unbeaten, even though I feel he lost comfortably, the Joshua fight is huge, and the Fury vs Wilder rematch will still be there after it. Because even if Joshua beats Wilder, Fury and Wilder have unfinished business.

Comment

Working...
                    X