Comments Thread For: Lomachenko vs. Crolla Ordered To Purse Bid on February 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
    Lomachenko posted on Russian social media site "kontakte"

That he will fight the winner of the IBF fight between Commey and Chaviev as they both signed an agreement that the winner will have to face him,
    And he will fight Crolla in the summer probably in the United Kingdom.

Could be true,he can postpone the mandatory for a third unification
    He cant postpone the mandatory once its been called. Can pay stepaside or drop the belt. I suspect Hearn isnt up for doing deals with Arum now

Comment

Garbage fight.

Berchelt or Davis will hopefully move up soon. Or maybe Mikey will move back down after Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        He cant postpone the mandatory once its been called. Can pay stepaside or drop the belt. I suspect Hearn isnt up for doing deals with Arum now
        Have they set a date when the mandatory has to be fought?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          It’s a mandatory defense you ******. What do you suggest? Drop the title and wait for Mikey to fight Spence?
          Don’t super champs get a pass on mandatorys? He coulda fought a better opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by tatot View Post
            Davis should move up after Mares and should face Loma. This Crolla fight is really a joke. Loma has downplayed a Pac fight in the past cause according to him (sounds like a duck to me) he is shot and nothing to gain in beating up a legend and yet he keeps fighting the likes of Marriaga, Sosa and heck he just struggled against Pedraza who was easily destroyed by Davis lol!
            davis wants no parts of lomachenko.

Comment

Elite fighters should stop fighting for the WBA belt. It’s the worst of the sanctioning bodies and need to be put out to pasture.

Comment

This is one of those fights that you don't watch live, have no interest in catching the replay and are just happy finding out the result (method of easy Lomachenko win) several days later just to keep in the loop. Garbage fight. I'd actually respect Loma a lot if he came out and binned his title because of this pointless fight being made. It's about big fights, top opponents, not titles as far as I'm concerned. Ricky Burns won multiple titles in multiple weights, but never did and never would beat a great fighter. Just beat fighters in and around his level for weak championship belts. Too much of that is done these days to create a fake legacy then is not inline with reality. It's like Manchester City beating Barnsley, Rotherham and Brentford for belts whilst Liverpool wait in line for a game with them. If Loma only fights twice in 2019 and one of them is Crolla! Then it's a damn shame. I'd rather he faced that kickboxer who Mayweather left crying, in a game of Poker than box Crolla.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                  Walter's was a solid win. I'm a Loma fan but let's be real, Rigo was ballooned up.
                  Walter lost his title on the scales and claimed he was sick. He was sick of training, and it showed. Loma's only good win is Russell and Russell is good only once a year. No matter what Loma does now, Salido is that 1 on his record. It can go as high as 20-1 and people will still ask who that 1 was, and they'll marvel at how Loma got man handled by a 12 loss veteran that he cherry picked.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                    Maybe tank should grow some balls and fight loma then
                    Tell Loma to man up and push Arum for this fight. Talk is cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      Wouldn't argue with that. Hell of a risky fight for Lomachenko, cos Cano's a big boy and can really bang. Definitely ain't any margin for error... My guess is that he'd only go to 140 for a real major fight though, despite flattening Linares Cano ain't really on anyone's must do list.

Lomachenko would do well to do something that'll get folk talking though, cos Mikey has really stolen the limelight, but going up to fight Cano offers a much bigger downside than Mikey going into the lions den to fight Spence. Beat Cano and you're hardly gonna become a legend, lose and you lost to a guy whose been beat by half a dozen journeymen before you.

If I'm Lomachenko I probably wait for the dust to settle at 140 if that's the direction I'm gonna take.
                      An objective post, as most of your posts are.

I'm one of the guys who thinks Loma is a very small man and shouldn't move beyond 135. I think his ceiling is 130, 135 is pushing it.

I predict Loma to keep struggling with regular 135bers, unless he can adapt to the weight fast. I'd rather that he moves back to 130, for maximum performance, but I don't like that either, because the lightweight division will catch fire soon, with many good fighters and champs moving up from 130.

The Cano example was just in protest of Crolla. Crolla? At this point? Really?

I wouldn't ask Loma to fight Cano. Not smart and not meaningful.

Comment

Working...
                      X