No announcement yet.

which movie was better: Bird Box or A Quiet Place

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
    True, but this is not always the case. I liked Blair Witch when it came out, and like Bird Box, you don't see anything. Difference is your imagination can make something feel scarier than seeing the actual entity.

In Bird Box case, it was a very poor execution. Not scary, and far too long to keep any suspense.

A Quiet Place was a good, original flick.
    True

Sometimes the unseen is what makes a scene scary.

Usually, the director/writer wants the audience to do their job for them.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      Birdbox is a rip off from the Happening and a Quiet Place
      How can it be a rip off if they both came out the same year?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        True

Sometimes the unseen is what makes a scene scary.

Usually, the director/writer wants the audience to do their job for them.
        Ever watch the shower scene in Psycho? The knife never actually punctures the woman's skin...still scares the crap out of you.

Not showing what you fear is sometimes scarier than showing it, because your mind can come up with some scary ****. At least mine does. And sometimes the monsters are silly looking and not scary at all.

Comment

I saw quiet place at the theatre and fell asleep. If people are saying this movie is better than Birdbox, wow i cant imagine how sorry this movie is lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            A quiet place was released in April and Bird Box in December.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              A quiet place was released in April and Bird Box in December.

No different when you had the Abyss come out. There were a few underwater movies that came in before and after its release.

Comment

I enjoyed Birdbox, but wasn't really feeling A quiet place.

Comment

i read an article saying a scene showing the monster/entity in Bird Box was cut out of the movie. Sandra Bullock said this monster was too silly looking to be taken serious and the scene wasn't included.

but in the movie it said this entity makes you kill yourself unless you are a mental patient. they were the only ones unaffected. instead it turned them into agents of this evil force making other "normal" people look at this thing and die.

in one scene we see the mental patient that fooled them into staying in the house show drawings of what he saw. so technically we do see this monster if you look closely at those drawings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    Ever watch the shower scene in Psycho? The knife never actually punctures the woman's skin...still scares the crap out of you.

Not showing what you fear is sometimes scarier than showing it, because your mind can come up with some scary ****. At least mine does. And sometimes the monsters are silly looking and not scary at all.
                    You see enough of the action in the shower to satisfy the ''I need to see it'' crowd.

I was unable (unwilling) to watch more than 25 minutes of BB, so I can't tell if the ''scares'' got any more convincing.

Comment

Working...
                    X