Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy fights in the history section?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy fights in the history section?

There has been made quite a few of these threads in this section recently. So far, I have posted the link to the proper section and subsequently locked the thread or just deleted or locked them.

Apparently some of our regulars here’s not happy about it, so I think we need a poll on this.

Question: Should threads about fantasy fights be allowed in the history section?
    Yes
    56.25%
    No
    43.75%

--- Was unaware there was a different section reserved for them.

Typically topics stray in every direction, but historically fantasy fights part and parcel of every era.

See Dempsey vs Wills or Johnson as a staple fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      --- Was unaware there was a different section reserved for them.

Typically topics stray in every direction, but historically fantasy fights part and parcel of every era.

See Dempsey vs Wills or Johnson as a staple fantasy.
      The section is here:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=10

Comment

Several individuals began inundating the section with mythical matchups that were meaningless and not between all time greats. Until then everything was OK. Mythical matchups in this section should be reserved for ATGs, not any scrub that pops into a fan's mind.

Comment

I feel too many are a lot but sometimes they fuel conversation so I would say ok. However being the history section they should be fantasy fights with two historical fighters IMO.
          If they are about present fighters like Joshua, Crawford etc. it takes away from the history aspect.

That's just my take on it. How do you feel about them BattlingNelson?
          Last edited by TBear; 07-31-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            I feel too many are a lot but sometimes they fuel conversation so I would say ok. However being the history section they should be fantasy fights with two historical fighters IMO.
            If they are about present fighters like Joshua, Crawford etc. it takes away from the history aspect.

That's just my take on it. How do you feel about them BattlingNelson?
            Generally I don't think fantasy fights should be here. Why else have a forum intended for that? It makes no sense.

However I can understand that some regular posters feel they get harrassed by immature NSB'ers when voicing their opinion in the fantasy fight section and that might be a problem. Maybe those posters feel the moderation is better in the history section haha. Maybe if BigPoppaPump moderated the fantasyfight section that would change?

Ultimately this section is for the users so if they want fantasyfights here then I'd let them be, but personally I'm not a fan of that.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Generally I don't think fantasy fights should be here. Why else have a forum intended for that? It makes no sense.

However I can understand that some regular posters feel they get harrassed by immature NSB'ers when voicing their opinion in the fantasy fight section and that might be a problem. Maybe those posters feel the moderation is better in the history section haha. Maybe if BigPoppaPump moderated the fantasyfight section that would change?

Ultimately this section is for the users so if they want fantasyfights here then I'd let them be, but personally I'm not a fan of that.
              That is good for me. In the past I have moved them as well sometimes, especially when they were abundant. but there has been times I have just let them be.
              I do watch the fantasy fight section and there are many agendas present as well as disagreements that overflow from here. I prefer those things there rather in the history section.
              Where many of us are gentlemen.
              Last edited by TBear; 08-01-2018, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I have no problem with genuine historical boxers being matched for fantasy purposes.

As long as no Bruce Lee vs Ivan Drago threads surface ��

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                  I have no problem with genuine historical boxers being matched for fantasy purposes.

Any heavyweight, for instance, opposing a pair of featherweights or welterweights simultaneously had ought to be an ATG, along with the featherweights themselves, of course. Otherwise, why, it quickly becomes an exercise in pointless absurdity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post

Ivan Drago would get killed if Bruce insisted on VADA testing with no cutoff dates.

Comment

Working...
                    X