Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: What do you expect from "Zuffa Boxing"/the UFC getting into the Boxing biz?
It'll fail. Might get a lot of hype early on but it'll get chewed up and spit out. 13 50.00%
It'll become a decent Promotion. Nothing more than just another player in the sport. 7 26.92%
It'll become one of the biggest Proms in Boxing. Fresh approach might revolutionize the sport. 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2017, 11:05 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 413 Post(s)
USMCer is a name known to allUSMCer is a name known to allUSMCer is a name known to allUSMCer is a name known to allUSMCer is a name known to allUSMCer is a name known to all
Bank: 1,077.68
Total Points: 14,920.89
Default ZUFFA BOXING -- Coming To You In 2018

MMA invading Boxing... again... in 2018 (sort of)

Doucheface Dana White in a 'media scrum' last month - Starts at 30:00
"The beginning of this [coming] year, everybody who's anybody in the Boxing business is coming out here to meet with me... [besides Oscar and Arum]... I'm gonna sit down with everybody, talk, and see what everybody's got going on, what everybody's thinking and I'm going to start goofing around over there a little bit...

Right now, I have two different plans, I have a Plan A and a Plan B. And I’m not sure which I’m gonna go with. But I’m gonna sit down, I’m gonna talk to everybody in the industry. They all want to come out here, they all want to talk. Fighters want to come out here and talk. So many people. So I’m gonna take like a month at the beginning of the year and just focus on this thing and see what we’re gonna do.

I think that right now is the right time. I just feel it. I feel like it’s the right time. Listen, can I do it? I don’t know. Will it work? I don’t know. But I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how to make it work. And I’ll give it a shot.

And in Boxing right now--in Boxing, who are the big stars? Most people don't even know half of these guys... When people/reports talk about Boxing and the money and this... you're talking about a handful of guys, and then there's a whole rooster full of guys who make nothing, and none of them are stars...

[Did you see anything in Boxing that was good that you will/could incorporate?]... No. I'll change everything."

So what's what?

What impact will "Zuffa Boxing" have on the sport?

Will Boxing fans be resistant to the idea of "MMA guys" getting into the Boxing game?

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Last edited by USMCer; 12-26-2017 at 11:13 PM.
USMCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-26-2017, 11:06 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7886 Post(s)
Mammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these partsMammoth is infamous around these parts
Bank: 163,437.45
Total Points: 174,144.45
shut the fook up - Boxing Goat Should be a great fight... - anthonydavid11 

Somebody will probably end up dead
Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:43 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Boxing42 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing42 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing42 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing42 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing42 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing42 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing42 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing42 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing42 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing42 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing42 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,190.73
Total Points: 12,962.23

I think it'll fail ultimately like roc nation but it will have a decent run before it fails imo
Boxing42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:19 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6705 Post(s)
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,779.90
Total Points: 78,434.97
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 
Default Will come down to what the setup looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCer View Post
MMA invading Boxing... again... in 2018 (sort of)

Doucheface Dana White in a 'media scrum' last month - Starts at 30:00
"The beginning of this [coming] year, everybody who's anybody in the Boxing business is coming out here to meet with me... [besides Oscar and Arum]... I'm gonna sit down with everybody, talk, and see what everybody's got going on, what everybody's thinking and I'm going to start goofing around over there a little bit...

Right now, I have two different plans, I have a Plan A and a Plan B. And Iím not sure which Iím gonna go with. But Iím gonna sit down, Iím gonna talk to everybody in the industry. They all want to come out here, they all want to talk. Fighters want to come out here and talk. So many people. So Iím gonna take like a month at the beginning of the year and just focus on this thing and see what weíre gonna do.

I think that right now is the right time. I just feel it. I feel like itís the right time. Listen, can I do it? I donít know. Will it work? I donít know. But I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how to make it work. And Iíll give it a shot.

And in Boxing right now--in Boxing, who are the big stars? Most people don't even know half of these guys... When people/reports talk about Boxing and the money and this... you're talking about a handful of guys, and then there's a whole rooster full of guys who make nothing, and none of them are stars...

[Did you see anything in Boxing that was good that you will/could incorporate?]... No. I'll change everything."

So what's what?

What impact will "Zuffa Boxing" have on the sport?

Will Boxing fans be resistant to the idea of "MMA guys" getting into the Boxing game?

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
From the rumors of the current UFC talks (and the $400m a year for what FOX was paying $100m a year not really manifesting), it seems like the deal may end up being $300m-$350m a year to deliver the UFC shows (FOX/FS1) and Zuffa Boxing (Toe-to-Toe on FS1, and the quarterly shows for FOX), which Dana White likely ends up looking to Al Haymon to deliver near all of the boxing for (beef with Bob Arum and Oscar De La Hoya likely eliminates them, and anyone who rocks with them).

Zuffa Boxing runs the TV production, PBC sets the staging of the event, Haymon-affiliated promoters co-promote the events with Zuffa, and Al Haymon brings along the fighters for the shows (No different than UFC keeping their PPVs separate from the deal, Showtime/CBS gets the first pick for the events that they want on their calendar, with Zuffa Boxing having their pick of everything else to work with).

Adrien Broner heading back to FOX as he rebuilds his image, and then good competitive fights between good fighters on their way up.
Scipio2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:21 AM #5
Școala vieții

Quoted: 2538 Post(s)
BM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,369.18
Total Points: 34,358.20
Cool thread - Brick Top Eat a dick - No Diggity erectile dysfunction - Omowale Tribe Conor Fucking McGregor! - PF Rudyo Love you mate. - BM dnobagaV 
good times - Weltschmerz No Message - ScottWeiland fir putting me on ignore rist - Shaolin Sword I saw your thread about liking BBC.  Put this in ya VaJayJay Bltch :lol1: - travestyny Good post, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony 

I am rather confident the Francis African dude that will be HW champ at UFC 220 could knock Joshua out
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
BM dnobagaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:21 AM #6
Platinum Member

Quoted: 2636 Post(s)
'b' has a reputation beyond repute'b' has a reputation beyond repute'b' has a reputation beyond repute'b' has a reputation beyond repute'b' has a reputation beyond repute'b' has a reputation beyond repute'b' has a reputation beyond repute'b' has a reputation beyond repute'b' has a reputation beyond repute'b' has a reputation beyond repute'b' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,320.67
troll - !nternation you're a fool - !nternation fool - !nternation moron - !nternation idiot - !nternation 
silly boy - !nternation what a fool you are - !nternation just another reminder you are an idiot - !nternation stick it up your ass - !nternation what a moron - !nternation 
No Message - !nternation Count them Benjamin... - Tony Trick-Pony Tony trick-pony alt - %100 Tony trick-pony alt - %100 You're an idiot - %100 
Tony trick-pony alt - %100 Tony trick-pony alt - %100 You look like the fag that you are - %100 Our common enemy- %100 aka Lester.  LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 

Just to see Bob Arum squirm I'd like to see it succeed. He already hates the UFC and Dana as it is, let alone if they piss on his territory.

Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-27-2017 at 01:42 AM.
'b' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:47 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Idunnoshet has a reputation beyond reputeIdunnoshet has a reputation beyond reputeIdunnoshet has a reputation beyond reputeIdunnoshet has a reputation beyond reputeIdunnoshet has a reputation beyond reputeIdunnoshet has a reputation beyond reputeIdunnoshet has a reputation beyond reputeIdunnoshet has a reputation beyond reputeIdunnoshet has a reputation beyond reputeIdunnoshet has a reputation beyond reputeIdunnoshet has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,368.98
Total Points: 27,355.09

Guess Arum was right when he said UFC's numbers are way down so Whites trying to latch onto Boxing .
Idunnoshet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:37 AM #8
Contender

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
german12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,926.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
I am rather confident the Francis African dude that will be HW champ at UFC 220 could knock Joshua out
Hahahahah yeah right
german12johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:38 AM #9
Contender

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
german12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond reputegerman12johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,926.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
Just to see Bob Arum squirm I'd like to see it succeed. He already hates the UFC and Dana as it is, let alone if they piss on his territory.
To many established stables jayz is almost a billionaire they ran him off if he can't get the promoters with the big names to fight it won't last long
german12johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:23 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 413 Post(s)
USMCer is a name known to allUSMCer is a name known to allUSMCer is a name known to allUSMCer is a name known to allUSMCer is a name known to allUSMCer is a name known to all
Bank: 1,077.68
Total Points: 14,920.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
They're not taking that approach.

It's going to be Boxing, straight up. They're not planning on making "MMA guys" vs Boxers.
USMCer is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, dana white, zuffa