Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG is washed up. Canelo straight murders him in a trilogy fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You all are overthinkig this.

GGG has looked likes this and was getting tagged vs inferior opponents for years now. Brook, Monroe, Rolls.

The truth is, when he doesn't blow his opponent out of the ring early, he gets tagged. He's an offensive fighter.

He'll be fine in the third fight. He might lose a wide UD, but he won't get stopped.

He can win but he has go to the body and try to simply beat up Canelo, not outbox him because he obviously won't get the decision in Vegas vs Canelo as shown in the past two fights.

Comment

Originally posted by rr00676 View Post
      What did we see?

-GGG tagged a bit
      -GGG showing a good chin
      -GGG breaking down someone who throws on the earmuffs and stand still
      -GGG showing power

seen it all before, nothing to be learned here...i see GGG/Canelo III going the same way as first two, which is fine with me bc they were good fights
      Good chin?

Lol Rolls had 10ko’s dude.

The least he can do is take a punch from a dude with 10 ko’s.

Comment

Same way Nelo snapped GGG head back and GGG kept coming foward? Lol. Canelo should win due to judges/ improving performances but he aint dominating no top fighters.

Only in Forum fantasy fights...so calm down

Comment

Could be right. He might beat GGG legitimately this time. Being robbed twice might have deflated GGG to the point he feel its an uphill battle to get a decision.
          But GGG has a punchers chance. He knows he cant win decision. Just like JMM knew he couldn't outpoint Pac so went for KO. But JMMs chin in 4th fight was different to first fight. Like JMM had a take a shot to land my own. He couldn't do that in first fight or hed be on backside he had to box to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
            GGG showed signs of being over the hill in this fight against Rolls for sure. Not only that Rolls was landing almost every punch he threw, it was also GGG looking like he doesn't know when to pull the trigger anymore. He was hesistating, doubting and second guessing waaaay to much in there and I can't see how that version of GGG can be successful against someone of the caliber of Canelo and I had GGG winning both of their first fights.

Any retired fighter would tell u, the first sign of veing washed up is seeing openings but not being to capitalize in time and that's what we saw with GGG.
            GGG like Chavez sr..... took. Too many head shots..
            Chavez sr Looked like a mr potato head late n his career.. GGG looks like a mr. potato face / head now..

He’s an old warrior... in a young man’s game...
            Relying on a granite chin, and punching power... wears out shocks / leaf springs... know what I mean?

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
              Same way Nelo snapped GGG head back and GGG kept coming foward? Lol. Canelo should win due to judges/ improving performances but he aint dominating no top fighters.

Only in Forum fantasy fights...so calm down
              Green when I can bro...

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                You all are overthinkig this.

GGG has looked likes this and was getting tagged vs inferior opponents for years now. Brook, Monroe, Rolls.

The truth is, when he doesn't blow his opponent out of the ring early, he gets tagged. He's an offensive fighter.

He'll be fine in the third fight. He might lose a wide UD, but he won't get stopped.

He can win but he has go to the body and try to simply beat up Canelo, not outbox him because he obviously won't get the decision in Vegas vs Canelo as shown in the past two fights.
                He’s got a granite jc Chavez chin..... can’t be stopped,,, a corrupt ref might stop the fight....

He needs to knock Canelo down once.... at least ..... I don’t think he can..

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  can't the same be said of ggg?
                  No, dont think so. He does get stoppages against guys hes own weight sometimes, guys who hadnt previously been shown to be chinny. Canelo doesn't. Yet before every fight we hear how hes going to destroy and knock people out cold. Great fighter Canelo, but not a puncher that youd have any reason to think could flatten guys with decent chins.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Good chin?

Lol Rolls had 10ko’s dude.

The least he can do is take a punch from a dude with 10 ko’s.
                    Golovkin does have a good chin though. Hes took some good whacks from good punchers, without having been badly hurt. No reason to think this may have changed.

Comment

I don't have a lot of interest in a third fight. I had GGG winning the first fight, Canelo winning the second, and it is pretty clear that Canelo would win the third fight more convincingly than the second.

The second fight was a decent enough scrap, but I think it is guaranteed that the third would be less competitive.

I'd rather see GGG either retire, or do something else to add to his legacy - perhaps a move in weight limit or something.

Likewise I'd rather see Canelo do something else, take on a different challenge and get on with building his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X