No announcement yet.

Even in his prime, Khan was never some sort of master boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Khan was a great athlete, or rather very good athlete.
    But even.in.prime he was beaten by presscot. He did very well to beat Madiana and presscott. Yes, I thought he did enough against ped presscot

Comment

You can say the same about Roy Jones. He didn't have great boxing skill either and when he lost a bit of speed his boxing ability was exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Khan was a great athlete, or rather very good athlete.
        But even.in.prime he was beaten by presscot. He did very well to beat Madiana and presscott. Yes, I thought he did enough against ped presscot
        What are you on about? Explain how Khan did very well to beat Prescott.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          No shit.

Khan has incredible hand speed and that is about it.
          Plus he knows how to drum up PPV buys / bums on seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            You can say the same about Roy Jones. He didn't have great boxing skill either and when he lost a bit of speed his boxing ability was exposed.
            Jones was on a different level to Khan when he peaked.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
              Jones was on a different level to Khan when he peaked.
              Sure, but it was his athletic ability (like Khan) that got him to where he was, not boxing skill.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
                I don't want people or anyone calling me wrong, or just saying "nah man he was fast and stuff" I want a comprehensive break down but here's mine. I love Crawford, this isn't some thing I just thought of after he lost to Crawford, I've always thought this. He's one of the most overrated fighters and had he fought any of the Cotto's,Floyds, Manny, Shane, Thurman, Spence or etc in their primes, he would have gotten destroyed...
                Good breakdown, man. Nice post.

Khan was always almost exclusively reliant on his exceptional speed. Like most gifted athletes, he was a terror versus sub-par opposition, but always got smoked versus better fighters. Of course, that chin of his was always a liability. Now, at only 32, it’s quite clear he’s already past his prime. Amir stated after this latest loss that he still has a lot left. Sad to hear to that level of delusion.

Comment

100%. I & many others haven't been seeing this Super Khan others have been seeing for years now. I've never gotten all the Khan hype minus his obvious chin, damage resistance & focus issues.

Khan is fast. And he's a capable enough guy who's been a top ten talent for years now. He was even good enough at 140 to be thought of as the disputed #1 guy (with Tim) & no worse than the #2 guy to his critics which is an impressive feat & accomplishment. But he's not some Sweet Pea, Willie Pep master f#cking boxer that I've ever seen.

Comment

OP puts up a great post followed by some relevant comments then the fanboy casuals come in and just make bare claims without any relevant support. Why do they bother? One can only assume that their knowledge of boxing is zero and that they just like to see themselves talk in favour of their current pop star.

Comment

Khan is basically a watered down Delehoya without the ring iq, defense, and chin.

Comment

Working...
                      X