Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever done more long term damage to boxing than Wladimir Klitshcko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever done more long term damage to boxing than Wladimir Klitshcko?

I honestly cannot think of another man who has taken so much from the sport and done so much damage to it. I mean guys like Don King and Bob Arum have all done plenty to drag the sport down. However, they have also been involved in some massive highs that excited tens of millions of fans and helped shine a massive spotlight on this great sport.

Wlad on the other hand has become incredibly rich without ever doing anything to captivate a single casual fan. In fact he has turned tens of millions of boxing fans off from the HW division altogether.

In all his fights I can honestly say that 3 of his 5 most exciting and competitive matchups were when he was brutally stopped by poor opposition. Being bizarrely stopped multiple times is Wlad's biggest claim to fame at this point and no amount of bogus and boring defenses will ever erase that.

It is truly incredible that a man who was so clearly exposed by 3 relative bums has somehow managed to convince a small but vocal section of boxing fans that he is not only talented, but an all-time great. All without ever being in the ring with even a very good fighter.

His last four defenses is up there with some of the worst title defense streaks in the history of the sport. It includes a 40 year old 5'10 Black French dude, a cancer victim, and a 6'8 punching bag shipped from Poland.

His match-making, or more accurately mis-match-making, combined with his incredibly boring/****-scared fighting style has lead to HW boxing being dropped by TV and becoming the shame of the sport everywhere other than Germany.

I regularly come onto boxing forums and see Klit fanatics **** talking greats like Joe Louis, Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis. Really think about what those men achieved and then take a look at Wlad's career.

History will not be kind to the ****tier of the 2 Klitschko brothers.

Done damage how? By being better than everyone?

Comment

the Klits are what boxing is about, they dominate so easy

just like Rigondeaux

Comment

Done damage? What?

Most ******ed thread i've ever seen, probably the 2nd red k i've given since i'm on NSB.

Comment

TROLL.

Ban please.

Comment

by being the greatest ever heavyweights???

the only damage they do is is unfortunately to their poor competitors brains due to the punishment they dish out.

Comment

Is this a troll post? It's not their fault they are better than everyone else. Sure they aren't that exciting, but Lennox got the same criticism back in those days.

It's up to everyone else to make it exciting and do something with the division, not the Klitschkos.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                by being the greatest ever
                Sometimes you need to sit back for a moment and just think about what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  TROLL.

Ban please.
                  yeah this, Brewster and Sanders were no bums

Comment

When Wladimir Klitschko retires, the heavyweight division will be interesting again.

All of you nuthuggers can deny it all you want but it's true.

Comment

Working...
                    X