Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, apparently this is what the kids are listening to these days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] So, apparently this is what the kids are listening to these days

I don't know how, at the tender age of 25, I became so old as to not understand this.

Apparently this is what goes as good music these days

I'm sure these record companies are being paid to slowly dish out worse and worse music to turn people into idiots who will eventually believe whatever they see, hear and read.

Comment

Reminds me of 80's pop.

I prefer it to the torrent of awful r'nb and hip hop crap of recent years.

Comment

When I was like 17-21 I was big into music, I could appreciate all genres, from The Smiths, to The Verve, to QUOTSA, to Iron Maiden, To Dr Dre, even ****ing Opera, I recognised good music.

I'm telling you now, this hipster garbage would have been laughed at, and we are talking only 5 years ago.

What the **** happened, these "kids" who are only a couple years younger than me, they have no clue. none.

Comment

i can't figure out if the music is just bad or i am turning into my grandparents.

(my mom is young and has better taste in music than I do.)

Comment

The thing is with music is that it moves fast and keeps evolving as time goes on, but you will always be in love with your era and think it's the best because it reminds you of when you were growing up having the most fun. It's more of a nostalgia thing than one certain style of music being better than another.

For example, I like the Beatles but i don't worship them. Whereas my parents were around in the 60's and saw The Beatles rise to fame, the world had never seen anything like them before so in order to properly appreciate it, like a lot of things in life, i think sometimes you have to have been there growing up with it to fully appreciate it.

Comment

wat a gr8 tune swag

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                I don't know how, at the tender age of 25, I became so old as to not understand this.

Apparently this is what goes as good music these days

That video only has 30,000 views.

Comment

Everybody is into dubstep nowadays, don't know what is so appealing about it as most if it sounds like shyt.

Here is a cool trick though, listen to any if Lil Wayne's songs such as this POS:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRjbqb8gI0Q

(can't embed from iPad)

Now listen to that song you originally posted, makes her sound like she's got talent right? It's an illusion though, like a really ugly girl standing next to an average girl, makes the average girl look like a model.

Comment

Art imitates life, it's not the other way around.

If you look at modern music (last 100 years or so) every decade or generation has represented that time with what was going on around it.

In the "Roaring 20's" you saw the freedom of people from prohibition, and new dance crazes that took the country by storm.

In the 30's, Jazz and swing really hit big and it was still an innocent time in America.

In the 40's, it was post WWII and it was Jazz as well as Swing and other fads that were hitting but it was a very celebratory time in America and the music reflected it.

In the 50's, we saw the beginnings of Rock n Roll. It was still innocent, happy and had a good beat and the youth listened to it as a form of rebellion.

In the 60's, it got serious. Civil rights, women's lib, and the mix of drugs and the current wars changed the country and music drastically. This is when Americans lost their innocence and the music reflected that. Hard core rock was in place, and Woodstock brought the peace and love hippie movement to the forefront.

The 70's still had even harder rock but also brought in Disco. It was more frivolous because people started becoming more self centered and worried less about political issues than in the 60's.

In the 80's, it was the "Me" generation. Tons of coke was being done, music was very pop but there was a youth movement in the inner city that spawned the commercialization of hip hop with groups like Run Dmc and LL Cool J. White kids in the cities were doing the same with Punk rock.

In the 90's thats where the last of the really good Hip Hop was being made. Classic albums like "The Chronic" and "Illmatic" were made but by the late 90's, that level of Hip Hop was disappearing.

In the 2000's, music went to ****. It was completely about making money, anyone could get their 15 minutes of fame and youtube and sites like that made it possible to not have talent and still be heard. Catchy beats replaced skilled lyrics and rock was just as "pop" as hip hop. Money had taken control of the creativity in music.

We are now in the worst state of music ever on the planet. Yes there is still some really good music out there but it's hidden underneath all the crap that get's played on 106 and park. It's all about style, what you look like and who is hot for the second that it lasts.

This generation is the most shallow generation of all and it's because of the self love and admiration it has without accomplishing anything or standing for anything.

Congrats, you guys suck.

Comment

Working...
                    X