Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto, Castillo, Corrales: Who has the better resume/wins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto , and i feel if youre gonna put manfreddy, might aswell put kelson pinto for cotto..or maybe even abdulaev..not to mention he is a 3 div champ

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Castillo's wins over Casamayor ,Stevie Johnston and Corrales > every single win Cotto's ever had possibly combined.

Cotto lost every major fight he ever had Margarito, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Trout. With dispusted wins some say he lost like Clottey and Mosley

but wait, he did get wins over old shot Mayorga, 1 leggend Foreman, Torres, Malignaggi and he got a vacant title against Jennings. ATG stuff right there.

I like Cotto but when are people going to realize he's glorified gatekeeper?
      Castillo lost by knockout to Alfonso gomez! Lmao which Cotto swept the floor with! that right there should put a lid on it. he also lost to Mayweather (Twice) and lost miserably to Ricky hatton. his best wins where Casamayor and Corrales.

Whether Cotto won or lost he has fought the better names which equals a better resume. just my opinion buddy.

Comment

oh yeah forgot alfonso gomez ...whos prolly better than derrick f0cking gainer

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
          Castillo lost by knockout to Alfonso gomez! Lmao which Cotto swept the floor with! that right there should put a lid on it. he also lost to Mayweather (Twice) and lost miserably to Ricky hatton. his best wins where Casamayor and Corrales.

Whether Cotto won or lost he has fought the better names which equals a better resume. just my opinion buddy.
          Castillo was done by the time he lost those fights......that's like holding Ali losing to Holmes and Berbick against him.

Castillo's wins over Corrales, Johnston, and Casamayor > every single Cotto win aside from Mosley, which some felt Cotto lost.

Corrales' wins over Castillo and Casamayor > same thing as above

Cotto's best wins are Mosley, Clottey, and Judah. That's not saying much.

Comment

I didn't think I would have said that but the three best wins are clearly in favor of Corrales.
            And Cotto is one of my 3 favourite boxer but his win against Mosley and especially against Clottey are at least debattable.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              oh yeah forgot alfonso gomez ...whos prolly better than derrick f0cking gainer
              Derrick Gainer was actually a former title holder and a Top 10 fighter in his weight classes.

What the f**k has Alfonso ever done or what division has he ever been Top 10 in???

Oh and Manfredy actually beat a prime Gatt, and was a Top 10 fighter in his weight classes at one point. What did Kelson Pinto ever do at all or what division was he Top 10 in???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Castillo was done by the time he lost those fights......that's like holding Ali losing to Holmes and Berbick against him.

Castillo's wins over Corrales, Johnston, and Casamayor > every single Cotto win aside from Mosley, which some felt Cotto lost.

Corrales' wins over Castillo and Casamayor > same thing as above

Cotto's best wins are Mosley, Clottey, and Judah. That's not saying much.
                so you agree with me?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Derrick Gainer was actually a former title holder and a Top 10 fighter in his weight classes.

What the f**k has Alfonso ever done or what division has he ever been Top 10 in???

Oh and Manfredy actually beat a prime Gatt, and was a Top 10 fighter in his weight classes at one point. What did Kelson Pinto ever do at all or what division was he Top 10 in???
                  well, on paper, gainer is more accomplished..but gomez got wins over castillo and gatti as well..and he was outboxing the **** out of a much bigger canelo until the premature stoppage..something you would'nt have seen gainer do given he ran like b1tch vs jmm

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    so you agree with me?
                    Yes. Cotto is a good fighter of his era, but his resume isn't all that. He has like 4-5 good/solid wins in my book, and Castillo/Corrales have a couple more than that, and there's are generally stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      well, on paper, gainer is more accomplished..but gomez got wins over castillo and gatti as well..and he was outboxing the **** out of a much bigger canelo until the premature stoppage..something you would'nt have seen gainer do given he ran like b1tch vs jmm
                      Gomez beat Castillo and Gatti when they were DONE.

It's like giving Canelo credit for beating Baldomir and Mosley, they were absolutely done when he fought them and weren't legit fights at the time at all. Gomez literally never got a legit win.

Gainer and Manfredy > Gomez and Pinto easily

Those two were actually former Top 10 fighters in their weight classes, Pinto and Gomez weren't.

Comment

Working...
                      X