Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you rather bring back. Prime Marvin Hagler(mw) or Prime Felix Trinidad (WW)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked trinidad just because my best boxing memories coming from watching his fights at house parties and the following street riots in puerto rico

Comment

both how can you choose one?

Comment

Picking Hagler because he would be dropped into a better division where he won't just run over everyone else like Trinidad would with todays welters.

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Tito. Hagler would just fight WWs. Tito would make Floyd take another retirement as well as beat the crap out of most.
        How many welters did Hagler fight?

Was this before or after he totally cleaned out the middleweight division?

Do you hold it against Tito for fighting lightweights/junior welters Camacho, Whitaker, Pendleton, Carr and De La Hoya too?

Perspective is pretty cool.

Comment

Both guys would hand out beatings and clean out there respective divisions. If I had to pick one it would be Hagler..hands down. Hagler left the game at his peak.

Comment

[QUOTE=Capaedia;12836382]Picking Hagler because he would be dropped into a better division where he won't just run over everyone else like Trinidad would with todays welters.

Umm who in the MW division would Hagler not destroy? Martinez? GGG? Cmon mayne.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              I personally would chose a prime Trinidad, not because he was better than Hagler, but because he was more flamboyant, and brought far more excitement to the fight night. Even his ring entrance and introductions were exciting, because he joined in himself, from sheer exuberance that he was going to fight for the public. As a side-note I believe he'd eat Mayweather alive, he would shoulder-roll himself into exhaustion or a TKO.

And I normally never cared a jot for ring entrances or introductions etc. the only one I liked was Trinidad's, even would suffer through Buffer's excruciating bellow-if he was on (I always turn Buffer's voice completely off) I don't recall if it was he or Jimmy Lennon. (Lennon is very good, far better than Buffer who makes a fake, chesty bellow, always on the very same monotonous note-I'm a life-long musician and it drives me crazy).
              hagler was a throwback man...just all business, but his ring entrance in the srl fight, to the tune of "war", was up there, but yes trinidad definitely brought an electricity that was hard to beat, and you knew he was coming to knock ya out...mayweather-trinidad would be interesting...i could see it going the way trinidad fought whitaker, but i could see it going the same way trinidad fought de la hoya...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                hagler was a throwback man...just all business, but his ring entrance in the srl fight, to the tune of "war", was up there, but yes trinidad definitely brought an electricity that was hard to beat, and you knew he was coming to knock ya out...mayweather-trinidad would be interesting...i could see it going the way trinidad fought whitaker, but i could see it going the same way trinidad fought de la hoya...
                Trinidad vs PBF at 147..dream match. Sweet pea was special even an over the hill drug abusing Sweet Pea..he was truly a defensive wizard. PBF style of staying in the pocket..dont know how that would hold up againts Titos attack, DLH ran and boxed..PBF dont run..it would be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                  Trinidad vs PBF at 147..dream match. Sweet pea was special even an over the hill drug abusing Sweet Pea..he was truly a defensive wizard. PBF style of staying in the pocket..dont know how that would hold up againts Titos attack, DLH ran and boxed..PBF dont run..it would be very interesting.
                  just can't see, floyd mayweather jr., standing in the pocket for 12 rds, against prime trinidad at 147...

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                    just can't see, floyd mayweather jr., standing in the pocket for 12 rds, against prime trinidad at 147...
                    I know what you mean, I cant see that happening either, well I see it happening but it doesnt end well for PBF.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                      who the hell would prefer to see trinidad over hagler? funny thread.
                      other than tito's mom, wife and kids, I really don't know.I bet tito would rather watch Marvin then tapes of himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X