Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there was a prime Ukrainian Mike Tyson today. Will he be popular in Uk and USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    Football players also take a lot of head trauma, probably more so than boxers. Boxers don't fight every week, for one thing. Repeated trauma is a serious thing. Boxers take a lot of shots, but they have down time to recover at least. A football season must be pretty brutal on a lot of guys. Of course, some lower level boxers fight often, but most high level pros only fight a few times per year tops.
    But if you take sparring into account then boxers take way more head trauma than football players.
    Last edited by Light_Speed; 11-16-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

there is a Ukrainian mike tyson, he just happens to fight at lightweight. his name is vasyl lomachenko. we're just not sure if he's going completely pro or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        But if you take sparring into account then boxers take way more head trauma football players.

i tend to agree, but it depends on their careers. the footballers position, the boxer's style, the level of competition, etc.

i agree that sparring and the amateurs is also where a good portion of the damage piles up. these guys can handle themselves. the blows they shake off are mind blowing.

both sports will produce athletes that are horrible depleted in their old age.

big football hits are as bad as any single impact that you'll see in boxing. it's very rare, but both can kill. i've never played football, but i've knocked people out cold playing hockey. cold. out on a stretcher. it's nothing to be proud of, but it's the truth. that's more damage than most boxers will ever go through from one blow.

the worst head trauma in sport is the sustained beating in boxing ring, though. the gloves, rules, level of conditioning, and the skill are what allow guys to survive and take a butt kicking that's unique to the sport. it's the blows that don't cause a knockout and continue to pile up that often do the worst damage.

most of the life changing injuries and deaths i've come across in boxing were of the extended beating variety. late round knockouts, usually, where a guy is hurt often and able survive. guys can even finish the fight and collapse.

to answer the TS:

not as popular as mike tyson, who was american and an incredibly polarizing and controversial figure outside of the ring.

anybody with a style like that at HW is going to be a popular figure. there's something in the primal ooze that draws people to HW who fight like that. they're awesome specimens.

manny pacquaio isn't american, is he? he's faded a bit, but you you remember that guy's heyday?
        guy made some bank and had a few american fans to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton.Brilliant View Post
          there is a Ukrainian mike tyson, he just happens to fight at lightweight. his name is vasyl lomachenko. we're just not sure if he's going completely pro or not.

lomachenko is a badass, but he's nothing like mike tyson

tyson delivered men from consciousness. he literally scared them.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            lomachenko is a badass, but he's nothing like mike tyson

tyson delivered men from consciousness. he literally scared them.

tyson is his idol. he emulates his style. he might not have the power, at least in the amateur ranks, we'll have to see if as a pro he does.

Comment

Working...
            X